Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

very important; critical; decisive; vital
pleased
crucial
prior
remote
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Elephants never forget

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
what time do you clock off? | why do I should choose worry not think?
listening exercises
Elephants never forget #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 19, 2011 14:42 pm   Elephants never forget

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #173 "Elephants: Vocabulary Practice (2)", question 8

Elephants exhibit several ......... that are similar to human actions. For example, elephants are able to show compassion, create art, and experience grief.

(a) war maneuvers
(b) measurements
(c) behaviors
(d) sciences

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #173 "Elephants: Vocabulary Practice (2)", answer 8

Elephants exhibit several behaviors that are similar to human actions. For example, elephants are able to show compassion, create art, and experience grief.

Correct answer: (c) behaviors

Your answer was: correct

Please, tell me. Is there any difference between sympathy and compassion. And my second question. What is 'experience grief'. Is this nostalgia for?

Zbyněk
Zbyněk

Elephants never forget #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:24 am   Elephants never forget

Sympathy is more an intellectual activity; compassion comes entirely from the heart.
'Experience grief' = grieve, be sorrowful

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
what time do you clock off? | why do I should choose worry not think?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Does your cat purr?Please help me with letter writing!turn the clock back.What does 'him' mean?play vs controlwhat does "when do you clock with" mean?Idiomatic expression: close proximityHow do we use "just"?Haste vs. hurryIdiom: before the storm breaksIt was my pleasureMeaning of "doing least of all"Try out vs. dry out