transgressor; person who breaks the law; one who insults
shortage
offender
capex
market

Expression: 'on a regular basis'

Meaning of 'the end of the world' | Idiom: loud and clear
Expression: 'on a regular basis' #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 27, 2006 14:51 pm   Expression: 'on a regular basis'

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Listen and Improve Your English", question 7

To improve means to make someting better so if you want to improve your English, you must practise it in a regular basis.

(a) means
(b) better
(c) in

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Listen and Improve Your English", answer 7

To improve means to make someting better so if you want to improve your English, you must practise it on a regular basis.

Correct entry: on
The error was: (c) in

You have found the error but your entry is incorrect.
To improve means to make someting better so if you want to improve your English, you must practise it with a regular basis.
_________________________

Dear Sir

what does the expression mean here

thanks a lot in advance

Stone
stone

Basis #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 27, 2006 15:13 pm   Basis

Hi Stone,

The expression on a regular basis means simply regularly or frequently. The idea is that whatever is done should be in a systematic way.

_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Expression: 'on a regular basis' #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 01, 2010 21:06 pm   Expression: 'on a regular basis'

What does make someting mean? LOL!
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Expression: 'on a regular basis' #4 (permalink) Sun Apr 04, 2010 18:24 pm   Expression: 'on a regular basis'

The full expression is 'make something better' and that means 'improve'. Literally 'make something better' in that sense means 'turn something into another thing that is better.'

_________________

Expression: 'on a regular basis' #5 (permalink) Sun Apr 04, 2010 18:41 pm   Expression: 'on a regular basis'

Alan, Thank you for your reply, but I meant that there is a typo - 'Smoething' is correct, isn't it?
Pasban110

Location: Tabriz city, Iran

Expression: 'on a regular basis' #6 (permalink) Sun Apr 04, 2010 18:57 pm   Expression: 'on a regular basis'

The spelling is 'something'.

_________________
You can read my ESL story Passive Voice

not the brightest star in the skyThe shop owner shot the robber. vs The shop owner shoots the robber.penny anteWhich tense is often used to write a poem or story?what is cold-blooded?'could lose all of your money' vs 'could lost all of your money'currently vs generallyWhat does sick in this sentence mean?Meaning of "kira speaks two languages."Meaning of "He plays two instruments"School of hard knocks?What is turnaround fianacing? Is it an amount of money or a method something?what is the meaning of foreshadowing?