Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to delete; to skip over; to neglect
complicate
crop
omit
resist
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between the words 'reason' and 'cause' | Conditional II question
listening exercises
"accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 28, 2006 16:22 pm   "accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans

English Synonym, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #63 "Synonyms for adapt", question 4

I don't want to ......... my plans to yours again!

(a) accommodate
(b) change
(c) fit
(d) transform

English Synonym, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #63 "Synonyms for adapt", answer 4

I don't want to accommodate my plans to yours again!

Correct answer: (a) accommodate

Your answer was: incorrect
I don't want to fit my plans to yours again!

Explain to me, why accommodate?

Kolombina
Kolombina

"accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans #2 (permalink) Mon May 01, 2006 13:22 pm   "accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans

Hi Kolombina

My personal opinion is that the word 'fit' could also be used in this sentence. The meanings are similar. But the word 'accommodate' has the additional sense of doing or changing something for the benefit of someone else.

Amy

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
"accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 29, 2009 13:23 pm   "accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans

what is transform ?
ndishena
Ndishena

"accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans #4 (permalink) Tue Dec 15, 2009 21:25 pm   "accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans

I don't want to change my plans to yours again!

In my opinion this would be the correct answer for this question, as it is closer to how we speak English, and generally 'accommodate' would be used in a positive statement such as 'Yes I can accommodate that idea', not in a negative one such as above.
Mickhael
You can meet me at english-test.net

"accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans #5 (permalink) Mon May 10, 2010 11:41 am   "accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans

I think accommodate has nothing with negative forms, 'accommodate ' suggests a concession or a compromise and subordinates one thing to the requirement of another as it mentioned in the sentence,so 'accommodate' is the correct answer.
Nabilchamlal
I'm here quite often ;-)

"accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans #6 (permalink) Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:16 am   "accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans

I found this explanation on Cambridge online dictionary.
I want to share what I've found with you:
accommodate yourself
to change yourself or your behaviour to suit another person or new conditions
Some find it hard to accommodate themselves to the new working conditions.
Gsheasha
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

"accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans #7 (permalink) Wed Apr 09, 2014 16:46 pm   "accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans

I get it.
Accommodate (yourself) to something means: to change your attitudes and behaviour in order to deal with a new situation.

Synonyms or related words for this sense of accommodate are:
To change your opinion, attitudes or behaviour: change your mind, see reason/sense, adapt, revise, move on, renounce, come round, capitulate, move with the times, turn against etc...
Mickhael
You can meet me at english-test.net

Difference between the words 'reason' and 'cause' | Conditional II question
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Agreement and Disgreement."formidable" instead of "formidible"Why is this wrong?Order vs. ordersANDuse of 'on' in participal phrasefrom the ground upLaura's ex-husband is a dead beat dad...His girlfriend sounded crosscome across shadyWhat is the meaning of expression 'hitch in your giddyup'?passed vs. pastMeaning of "all day long"