specialist in repairs of machinery and appliances
proposition
leave
technician
barter

Meaning of 'Load onto the plane'

Why do we use past tense? | Meaning of strum
Meaning of 'Load onto the plane' #1 (permalink) Sat Apr 29, 2006 18:56 pm   Meaning of 'Load onto the plane'

ESL/EFL Test #32 "Letter Writing (4)", question 4

These baggage handlers had decided they didn't want to ......... our cases on to the plane.

(a) lead
(b) load
(c) lode
(d) led

ESL/EFL Test #32 "Letter Writing (4)", answer 4

These baggage handlers had decided they didn't want to load our cases on to the plane.

Correct answer: (b) load
_________________________

meaning of 'Load onto the plane'

Kolombina
Kolombina

Meaning of 'Load onto the plane' #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 29, 2006 19:20 pm   Meaning of 'Load onto the plane'

These baggage handlers had decided they didn't want to load our cases onto the plane.

Yes, load is correct. 'Load onto the plane' basically means 'put onto the plane'.

_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of actuaryEasy vs. facileI don't see that as a problem vs. answerThe/an/a - articles in EnglishMeaning of stagger, wander, limpMeaning of 'tread'"turn in" vs. "turn up"Meaning of shock (past tense shocked)Why "ought" is not the right answer here?When i can use conjunction "so"?Meaning of "reject the plan out of hand"Except vs. accessMeaning of "murder on the spot"