announcement; poster, sign; warning; attention; consideration
notice
awareness
portfolio
customer

American management is very results driven

What vs. which | he packs a mean punch
American management is very results driven #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 01, 2011 15:25 pm   American management is very results driven

ESL/EFL Test #611 "Real Life: Business Jargon (1)", question 3

American management is very ......... driven. Managers like to evaluate employees based on quantitative measures designed to measure the accomplishment of specific goals.

(a) process
(b) motivation
(c) empowerment
(d) results

ESL/EFL Test #611 "Real Life: Business Jargon (1)", answer 3

American management is very results driven. Managers like to evaluate employees based on quantitative measures designed to measure the accomplishment of specific goals.

Correct answer: (d) results

_________________________

I've already said this and I was told I should not mind the repetition of words in a sentence, still I cannot help remarking again that a language-teaching site like this should put more effort into taking care of the style and endeavour to enrich the learners' vocabulary. Now sentences no. 3 and no. 10 don't seem to me to reach this goal. What's your take on that?
Licinio

Location: Bergamo, Italy

American management is very results driven #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 01, 2011 16:02 pm   American management is very results driven

I think that you are not very conversant with natural, native English.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
American management is very results driven #3 (permalink) Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:35 am   American management is very results driven

Well, if you mean that people talk using a narrower range of vocabulary that they know or indeed would be desirable, I'd like to point out that these are not transcripts of conversation, but examples of written style.
Licinio

Location: Bergamo, Italy

American management is very results driven #4 (permalink) Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:32 am   American management is very results driven

No, that is not what I said or meant. Real native speakers in any language do not speak or write with a 'less than desirable' vocabulary. Whatever horrors you see in questions 3 and 10 elude me.
_________________

What vs. which | he packs a mean punch
out of shape and can't carry the necessary equipment'Whose' in questionsWhat does "front me" mean?What does "such a flake" mean?She is a fun, witty girlthey have been cohabitingwhat is the difference?What does 'bring forward' mean?What does 'Priceless' mean?What's the meaning of bring back?Meaning of "bring off""come up with" vs "come across"Meaning of "bring over" and "bring to"