Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

something discarded; rubbish; garbage; refuse; nonsense
behalf
science
recovery
trash
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

they have been cohabiting

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
She is a fun, witty girl | I find these sentences a bit distant from each other...
listening exercises
they have been cohabiting #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:12 pm   they have been cohabiting

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #797 "Real Life: Marriage (4)", question 8

Samantha and Johnnever hada marriage ceremony, but they have been ......... for 25 years.

(a) cohabitating
(b) cooperating
(c) coerced
(d) joined

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #797 "Real Life: Marriage (4)", answer 8

Samantha and Johnnever hada marriage ceremony, but they have been cohabitating for 25 years.

Correct answer: (a) cohabitating

Your answer was: correct

Hello,
I have found a mistake, look at below:
"Samantha and Johnnever hada marriage ceremony, but they have been cohabitating for 25 years." It should be "Samantha and John never had a marriage ceremony, but they have been cohabitating for 25 years." We need a space between "never had a marriage"
Mickhael
You can meet me at english-test.net

they have been cohabiting #2 (permalink) Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:03 am   they have been cohabiting

Thank you, Mickhael. I have repaired the test and the changes will appear with our next database update.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
She is a fun, witty girl | I find these sentences a bit distant from each other...
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
He always helps out the underprivilegedout of shape and can't carry the necessary equipment'Whose' in questionsWhat does "front me" mean?What does "such a flake" mean?he packs a mean punchAmerican management is very results drivenDoes 'sponsor' mean the same as 'give help'?What does 'Priceless' mean?What's the meaning of bring back?Come under a lot of scrutiny?Sovereign' vs 'autonomous'?tax return vs tax declaration