Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

act of receiving; approval; state of believing in something
journal
smart
liability
acceptance
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

out of shape and can't carry the necessary equipment

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
'Whose' in questions | What does 'Priceless' mean?
listening exercises
out of shape and can't carry the necessary equipment #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:31 am   out of shape and can't carry the necessary equipment

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #595 "Real Life: Hiking and The Great Outdoors (1)", question 8

When Lawrence went on his last hiking trip, he hired a ......... to carry all of his gear for him. The guy he hired is young and very fit. Lawrence, on the other hand, is out-of-shape and can't carry of the necessary equipment by himself anymore.

(a) pachyderm
(b) donkey
(c) ferry
(d) porter

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #595 "Real Life: Hiking and The Great Outdoors (1)", answer 8

When Lawrence went on his last hiking trip, he hired a porter to carry all of his gear for him. The guy he hired is young and very fit. Lawrence, on the other hand, is out-of-shape and can't carry of the necessary equipment by himself anymore.

Correct answer: (d) porter

Your answer was: correct

Hello,

There is a typo in the third sentence of this test question 8 of English Language Proficiency Test, Advanced Level # 133. I think the correct verb is either "carry" or "carry off" rather than "carry of", which is used in the third sentence. Could you please verify this matter?

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a
I'm here quite often ;-)

out of shape and can't carry the necessary equipment #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:13 am   out of shape and can't carry the necessary equipment

Thanks, Bhikkhu. I have fixed that and some punctuation problems in the test. A corrected version will appear with our next database update.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
'Whose' in questions | What does 'Priceless' mean?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
He always helps out the underprivilegedWhat does "front me" mean?What does "such a flake" mean?She is a fun, witty girlthey have been cohabitinghe packs a mean punchAmerican management is very results drivenDoes 'sponsor' mean the same as 'give help'?interest vs. interestinglyCome under a lot of scrutiny?Sovereign' vs 'autonomous'?correlative of comparison: as ... asrelation between words called when the meaning of part of the word is alike?