Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

creativity; resourcefulness; fabrication; falsehood
invention
browser
publisher
wallpaper
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

My friend is broke

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'? | What does at the very least mean?
listening exercises
My friend is broke #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 07, 2011 15:19 pm   My friend is broke

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #679 "Real Life: Money Related Terms (1)", question 9

My friend is .......... He has no money and his wife threw him out of their house last week. He also lost his job the week before that. I told him he could stay with us until he finds another job. Poor guy!

(a) well-off
(b) broke
(c) loaded
(d) prosperous

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #679 "Real Life: Money Related Terms (1)", answer 9

My friend is broke. He has no money and his wife threw him out of their house last week. He also lost his job the week before that. I told him he could stay with us until he finds another job. Poor guy!

Correct answer: (b) broke

Your answer was: incorrect
My friend is loaded. He has no money and his wife threw him out of their house last week. He also lost his job the week before that. I told him he could stay with us until he finds another job. Poor guy!

My friend is broke or my friend is broken?
Massab

My friend is broke #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 07, 2011 21:33 pm   My friend is broke

broke - has no money.
Language Coach

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What is the difference between 'voyage' and 'carriage'? | What does at the very least mean?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
get away Scot-freeWhy it's not" breath out "?Would you like me to transfer you?What does this mean: Come home full circle?typo: surgeonhonest, hard-working folks"break away" vs "break out"meaning of aftertastecorrelative of comparison: as ... asrelation between words called when the meaning of part of the word is alike?What does break down mean?Why it is used "was going to"?done my lesson vs. done my homework