just; reasonable; handsome; light colored; clean; clear
top
fair
downtown
kind

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

I care for /take care of my elderly mother. | Difference between come to and get to
pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 14, 2011 13:25 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

ESL/EFL Test #162 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'pull'", question 5

President Bush said last Saturday that ......... of Iraq now is not an option and rejected calls by some lawmakers to start bringing U.S. troops home.

(a) pulling off
(b) pulling out
(c) pulling through
(d) pulling in

ESL/EFL Test #162 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'pull'", answer 5

President Bush said last Saturday that pulling out of Iraq now is not an option and rejected calls by some lawmakers to start bringing U.S. troops home.

Correct answer: (b) pulling out
_________________________

pull out of iraq= move off/away from iraq?

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 14, 2011 14:08 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

Pull out of Iraq = leave Iraq
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #3 (permalink) Mon Oct 17, 2011 14:37 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

What is the relevance between "pull out of" and "hands off"?
Puppet

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #4 (permalink) Mon Oct 17, 2011 22:52 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

No connection.

Hands off = don't touch.
_________________

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #5 (permalink) Thu Oct 20, 2011 13:54 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

I mean like when we say "hands-off foreign policy".
Puppet

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #6 (permalink) Thu Oct 20, 2011 14:13 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

My answer remains the same.
_________________

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #7 (permalink) Fri Oct 21, 2011 18:56 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

ok, thank you.
Puppet

am I right ?is or are? Thanks:)"time off" instead of "off-time"articleshad been restored vs. was restoredWill put up?the ingenious Crusoewhat's the meaning of fall back on in this context?'The athlete will train' vs 'The athlete trains'"under no account" vs "on no account"What is "a Punch and Judy show"?'themselves' is an object for the verb 'raise''problem to solve' vs 'problem to cut'