Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

just; reasonable; handsome; light colored; clean; clear
fair
downtown
kind
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
I care for /take care of my elderly mother. | Difference between come to and get to
listening exercises
pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 14, 2011 13:25 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #162 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'pull'", question 5

President Bush said last Saturday that ......... of Iraq now is not an option and rejected calls by some lawmakers to start bringing U.S. troops home.

(a) pulling off
(b) pulling out
(c) pulling through
(d) pulling in

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #162 "Phrasal idioms with the verb 'pull'", answer 5

President Bush said last Saturday that pulling out of Iraq now is not an option and rejected calls by some lawmakers to start bringing U.S. troops home.

Correct answer: (b) pulling out

pull out of iraq= move off/away from iraq?

thanks
Saneta
I'm a Communicator ;-)

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 14, 2011 14:08 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

Pull out of Iraq = leave Iraq

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #3 (permalink) Mon Oct 17, 2011 14:37 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

Hi,
What is the relevance between "pull out of" and "hands off"?
Puppet
I'm here quite often ;-)

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #4 (permalink) Mon Oct 17, 2011 22:52 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

No connection.

Hands off = don't touch.

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #5 (permalink) Thu Oct 20, 2011 13:54 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

I mean like when we say "hands-off foreign policy".
Puppet
I'm here quite often ;-)

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #6 (permalink) Thu Oct 20, 2011 14:13 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

My answer remains the same.

pulling out of Iraq now is not an option #7 (permalink) Fri Oct 21, 2011 18:56 pm   pulling out of Iraq now is not an option

ok, thank you.
Puppet
I'm here quite often ;-)

I care for /take care of my elderly mother. | Difference between come to and get to
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
am I right ?is or are? Thanks:)"time off" instead of "off-time"articleshad been restored vs. was restoredWill put up?the ingenious Crusoewhat's the meaning of fall back on in this context?'The athlete will train' vs 'The athlete trains'"under no account" vs "on no account"What is "a Punch and Judy show"?'themselves' is an object for the verb 'raise''problem to solve' vs 'problem to cut'