very well; excellent
sternly
anyway
directly
fine

A kilo vs. some kilos

What is the difference between 'get' and 'got'? | 'Which of the cars' vs. 'Whom of the cars'
A kilo vs. some kilos #1 (permalink) Wed May 03, 2006 22:35 pm   A kilo vs. some kilos

ESL/EFL Test #99 "a, some or any", question 1

We need ......... kilo of apples.

(a) a
(b) some
(c) any

ESL/EFL Test #99 "a, some or any", answer 1

We need a kilo of apples.

Correct answer: (a) a
_________________________

we need some kilo of apples
lauras

Some #2 (permalink) Wed May 03, 2006 23:41 pm   Some

To use the adjective some meaning several/a few with a countable noun like kilo, you need a plural form. You could therefore say: We need some kilos of apples (but not some kilo), although a few kilos is more commonly used.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Woods vs. wood (countable vs. uncountable nouns)Prepositions of timeMeaning of phrasal verb 'carry off'"in last year" vs. "last year"Anywhere vs. somewhereCan't we use 'in' instead of 'at', if so what is the reason?This doesn't make any sense: After six more phone calls I...Meaning of povertyMeaning of actuaryMeaning of "ticked off"Easy vs. facileI don't see that as a problem vs. answerThe/an/a - articles in English