to make haste; to rush; to urge; to prod; to dash
hurry
swap
categorize
mull

spreading it on kind of thick

Another factor for change has been international equity investors | the arduous task
spreading it on kind of thick #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:33 am   spreading it on kind of thick

"I know you think the boss is smart, but aren't you spreading it on kind of .........? Telling her that the business world has never seen a genius like her before and never will again is a bit much," Jason said to Aaron.

(a) sure
(b) wide
(c) deep
(d) thick

"I know you think the boss is smart, but aren't you spreading it on kind of thick? Telling her that the business world has never seen a genius like her before and never will again is a bit much," Jason said to Aaron.

Correct answer: (d) thick

_________________________

By the way, can I substitute "laying" for "spreading"?
In other words, would it be ok to say "aren't you laying it on thick"? (I assume the meaning will be the same?)

Thanks!
_________________

spreading it on kind of thick #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:31 pm   spreading it on kind of thick

That would work, yes.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
stingy and miserlynow he's on skid row.Done and stuffyou ratted me outWouldturned upside down with turmoilregulation or regular?What happened to you then?Meaning of continentsWhat is "business hours"?What does "business end user" mean?Meaning of "lost his touch"Meaning of "quite bring off wearing shorts"