Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

in opposition; against; counter
instead
behind
contrary
regardless
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Anywhere vs. somewhere

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
This doesn't make any sense: After six more phone calls I... | Can't we use 'in' instead of 'at', if so what is the reason?
listening exercises
Anywhere vs. somewhere #1 (permalink) Sat May 06, 2006 14:53 pm   Anywhere vs. somewhere

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #147 "Compound words: someone, anyone, somewhere, anywhere, something, anything", question 8

Where do you want to go on holiday? ......... with a beach. I don't care where we go as long as it's sunny and has got a nice sandy beach.

(a) Anywhere
(b) Nowhere
(c) Somewhere
(d) Everywhere

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #147 "Compound words: somone, anyone, somewhere, anywhere, something, anything", answer 8

Where do you want to go on holiday? Anywhere with a beach. I don't care where we go as long as it's sunny and has got a nice sandy beach.

Correct answer: (a) Anywhere

Your answer was: incorrect
Where do you want to go on holiday? Somewhere with a beach. I don't care where we go as long as it's sunny and has got a nice sandy beach.

Dear Sir

Why not "somewhere" here?

Thanks a lot in advance

Stone
Christina328
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Anywhere vs. somewhere #2 (permalink) Sat May 06, 2006 15:19 pm   Anywhere vs. somewhere

In this example "anywhere" is correct because the man wants to go on holiday at any place no matter where it is but where is a beach.
Pamela
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
This doesn't make any sense: After six more phone calls I... | Can't we use 'in' instead of 'at', if so what is the reason?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Why only Those is proper here? Not 'these'?'He speaks' vs. 'He is speaking'What does "enacted" mean?Meaning of "went like a lead balloon"Injured vs. seriousWoods vs. wood (countable vs. uncountable nouns)Prepositions of timeMeaning of phrasal verb 'carry off'"in last year" vs. "last year"Meaning of poverty'Which of the cars' vs. 'Whom of the cars'A kilo vs. some kilosMeaning of actuary