inability to succeed; lack of success; lack; bankruptcy; downfall
replacement
failure
line
tailor

Difference between there / in there

Why does Alice (in Wonderland) say so? | A slang word for face
Difference between there / in there #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 06, 2011 13:00 pm   Difference between there / in there

could someone explain it to me, what is the difference between there and in there?

For example:

- I don't want to go there.
- I don't want to go in there.

thank you in advance
Nicky_k

Difference between there / in there #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 06, 2011 13:28 pm   Difference between there / in there

'In there' is more precise. Imagine that there is something strange about a house and no one wants to visit it, you could say; I don't want to go there (the house). You could also say: 'In there' and that would mean opening the door and going inside.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Difference between there / in there #3 (permalink) Sun Nov 06, 2011 13:30 pm   Difference between there / in there

there - a specific area/place/location.
They are going to the park but I don't want to go there.

in there - a specific enclosed area (akin to 'inside there').
When they visit the zoo they are going to the reptile house, but I don't want to go in there.
_________________

In fact, a child...unsteady and giddy.with their features in the wrong placesWhat is an entablature?Change, fly, jog, eatsuccess will largely depend onwhat is "i'd"why" what" not "thatPhrase: Just a minute, you have just broken my case.Meaning of "gathered a bundle of"Phrasal verb: turn downStatue instead of statusTime to spare