cause; basis for action; intelligence; sense
reason
corner
persistence
form

What is an entablature?

success will largely depend on | Difference between can and be able to
What is an entablature? #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:06 am   What is an entablature?

ESL/EFL Test #879 "Pompeii, past and present", question 10

Architects consider the basilica one of the most interesting and imposing buildings. It is rectangular in shape and divided into three long central halls by two rows of brick columns. Against the side walls are shorter columns topped by an .......... The long debate as to whether the basilica had a roof or not, was settled when excavation revealed roof materials.

(a) podiums
(b) antiquity
(c) compensation
(d) entablature

ESL/EFL Test #879 "Pompeii, past and present", answer 10

Architects consider the basilica one of the most interesting and imposing buildings. It is rectangular in shape and divided into three long central halls by two rows of brick columns. Against the side walls are shorter columns topped by an entablature. The long debate as to whether the basilica had a roof or not, was settled when excavation revealed roof materials.

Correct answer: (d) entablature
_________________________

what is an entablature?
Catherine Tan

What is an entablature? #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:20 am   What is an entablature?

http://www.onelook.com/?w=entablature&ls=a
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Missing spaceMissing spacenegated byIn fact, a child...unsteady and giddy.with their features in the wrong placesChange, fly, jog, eatDifference between there / in thereWhy does Alice (in Wonderland) say so?what is "i'd"A slang word for facePhrase: Just a minute, you have just broken my case.Meaning of "gathered a bundle of"