to interpret; to see; to perceive
accompany
prolong
ticket
construe

Information about TOEICŪ Exam

TOEIC Practice tests Increase your TOEIC test score with
3420 flash cards plus an ESL book
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test
get off/get out of | TOEICŪ listening part III, set 19, exercise 1
Information about TOEIC Exam #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 21, 2011 17:19 pm   Information about TOEIC Exam

Hello everbody,

I am Betty from Athens, Greece. I am in this forum because I wish to take the TOEIC exam at some point in the near future. I have to admit that is the only place that I could find with such variety of material regarding TOEIC.

However, I have a question and because I cannot find the answer I am addressing it to you all out there who seem to be more familiar with the subject. Has any of you taken the actual TOEIC exam recently? If yes could you please tell me little bit more about the written part of the exam. What it is consisted of? Also if you are kind enough to provide me with more details about the whole exam I would be gratefull. Just how many questions you are given, how much time you have in order to complete the exam etc.

Thank you all for your assistance with my little inquiry.

I am a new member here and I'm still trying to figure out how things are working and how to organize all this matterial to my benefit. Hope to hear soon from anyone of you and please feel free to correct any grammar or spelling mistakes you may see in this message. Any help is welcome and will be highly appreciated.

Have a lovely day all of you from Athens, Greece
Betty5
Betty5

Location: Athens, Greece

Information about TOEIC Exam #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 22, 2011 14:19 pm   Information about TOEIC Exam

Hello Betty,

Are you referring to the Listening/Reading TOEIC test (the traditional one) or to the Speaking/Writing TOEIC test?

Ευχαριστώ,

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcing the retirement of a company's president

TOEIC Test Preparation — Increase your Score with 684 free TOEIC Vocabulary TestsTOEIC Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEIC scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEIC Grammar Exercises — Improve your English grammar and vocabulary skillsEvaluate and certifiy your business communication skills with TOEIC — TOEIC Certification
Information about TOEIC Exam #3 (permalink) Sun Nov 27, 2011 17:10 pm   Information about TOEIC Exam

Hello Torsten,

Thank you very much for your quirck response. Sorry for the my late response but for the previous days I had limited access to my yahoo account.

Actually, I have no idea what this test consist of. So, I am referring to both of them but I am more interested in the writen part where I think most of my weakness is.

I have been told that it is easier to give and pass this test especially if you already are working and using English language. However, going through the TOEIC material you have at your site I haven't found it so easy to answer to 200 questions at once. That is why I would like to have more information concerning the actual test.

Thank you in advance for your information.

Have a wonderful day from Athens.
Betty
Betty5

Location: Athens, Greece

Information about TOEIC Exam #4 (permalink) Sun Nov 27, 2011 23:31 pm   Information about TOEIC Exam

Hi Betty,

What exactly do you need your TOEIC score for? The vast majority of all employers still require a Listening/Reading score rather than a Speaking/Writing result. As for our full length TOEIC tests, how many of them have you completed so far and what were your scores?

TOEIC listening, talks: A tour guide is welcoming her guests

Information about TOEIC Exam #5 (permalink) Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:53 am   Information about TOEIC Exam

The TOEIC speaking and writing test lasts 90 minutes. Each part of the test (speaking Writing) is scored separately. The S & W test checks vocabulary and grammar, as well as; fluency, sentence construction, context and cohesion. Your answers in the test are sent to qualified TOEIC scorers, who check and mark your work.

Here is the link to the Official TOEIC speaking and writing candidates handbook http://www.language-testing-service.de/fileadmin/downloads/infomat/toeic_s_w_examinee_handbook.pdf

I hope this is of help to you.

Rob
Authorized TOEIC Test Administrator.
www.onlineenglish.eu
TOEIC Test Preparation Course by OnlineEnglish.EU
OnlineEnglish is an online preparation course for the TOEIC listening and Reading test by an official TOEIC test center.
HamburgEnglish

Information about TOEIC Exam #6 (permalink) Fri Dec 02, 2011 13:28 pm   Information about TOEIC Exam

First of all thank you all for the useful information and a great hello from Athens.

Torsten I'm not particularly interested in my score. However, this is what I have been advised "to try to receive a rather high score". Probably because the thought was to take the TOEIC as preparatory test and then continue with the Proficiency.

I have to admit that I am not particularly fond of tests and each time I had to give a test I was not very interested about my score as to try to pass it.

I have tried to complete the first of the TOEIC tests you have at your site but my computed had a problem and lost everything. I was working on it for couple of days. I didn't know whether 200 questions had to be completed at once. I found the listening part with the 3 different parts to be answered for each question quite difficult for me. I know exersice, exersice, exersice and things will be easier while I get accustom to the consept.

Rob thank you for the information and the link, though for some reason I could not open it.

You are all wonderful. Thank you so very much for everything.

Betty
Betty5

Location: Athens, Greece

Information about TOEIC Exam #7 (permalink) Sat Dec 17, 2011 18:50 pm   Information about TOEIC Exam

This website's TOEIC simulator tests really helped me out to get the score I needed to pass to college as 650 was the required score.
I got 770/990. :-)
Lina528

ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the TOEICŪ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on TOEIC Test Forums
[Ask] Why this web don't provide Error RecognitionHow come I wasn't told about the plan?my toeicŪ b1 scores. need help by admin mod and all members plz.TOEICŪ listening part II, set 20, exercise 4the pushchair has six wheelsTOEICŪ listening part III, set 18, exercise 6TOEICŪ listening part I, set 16, exercise 7speaking practicespeakingspeaking and writingThere very much mistaked in simulator 3Ielts examination...?TOEICŪ L&R or S&W?