display; layout; clothing; menu
sound
attention
array
improvement

Diffrence between main verb and present verb

'He speaks' vs. 'He is speaking' | When is the proper use of in, on, at in sentences?
Diffrence between main verb and present verb #1 (permalink) Wed May 10, 2006 9:15 am   Diffrence between main verb and present verb

ESL/EFL Test #44 "Speaking: At the Theatre", question 1

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you for your ......... of our performance.

(a) appearance
(b) appreciation
(c) appeasement
(d) apparition

ESL/EFL Test #44 "Speaking: At the Theatre", answer 1

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you for your appreciation of our performance.

Correct answer: (b) appreciation
_________________________

i want to know that what is diffrence between main verb and present verb or main verb and other verb

Larine
Larine

Verbs #2 (permalink) Wed May 10, 2006 10:24 am   Verbs

You asked:

I want to know that what is diffrence between main verb and present verb or main verb and other verb

The main verb in a sentence could mean the principal verb, which is in the main clause (sentence) or it could mean the verb shown with its person (singular or plural) and tense. I suggest when you say present verb, you mean present tense. Let me give you two sentences:

Coming into the room she fell over the dog. The main verb in that sentence is fell because the word coming is a participle.

Every time she comes into the room she falls over the dog Both verbs are 'main' and both are in the present tense.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Idioms Whith The Phrasal Verb CarryMeaning of "in a nut shell"Meaning of "use her noodle"Wise or wisely'real adventure to me' vs. 'real threat to me'Difference between 'clears' and 'explains'Why 'accomodating' is not correct in this sentencesMeaning of impoverishedWhy it is have?Why only Those is proper here? Not 'these'?What does "enacted" mean?Meaning of "went like a lead balloon"Injured vs. serious