Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to gain; to obtain; to earn a point (in a game, etc.); to tally; to grade a test
strike
price
score
monitor
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of vaccination

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Pretty good idea | Difference between "tired" and "fed up"
listening exercises
Meaning of vaccination #1 (permalink) Thu May 11, 2006 21:40 pm   Meaning of vaccination

Business English Courses, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #81 "Renting a place", question 2

If you have pets, it is always necessary to pay for a pet ......... when you rent an apartment.

(a) deposit
(b) vaccination
(c) leash
(d) walker

Business English Courses, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #81 "Renting a place", answer 2

If you have pets, it is always necessary to pay for a pet deposit when you rent an apartment.

Correct answer: (a) deposit

What does vaccination mean?

Umbrella
Umbrella

Vaccination #2 (permalink) Thu May 11, 2006 21:55 pm   Vaccination

Vaccination is the act of putting a small quantity of disease-producing virus into a person or an animal, so that their body will react against it and thus protect them from catching the disease. You can be vaccinated against tetanus, meningitis, diphteria, smallpox, polio, hepatitis, measles, whooping cough, etc.
Conchita
Language Coach

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Vaccination #3 (permalink) Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:46 am   Vaccination

Conchita wrote:
Vaccination is the act of putting a small quantity of disease-producing virus into a person or an animal, so that their body will react against it and thus protect them from catching the disease. You can be vaccinated against tetanus, meningitis, diphteria, smallpox, polio, hepatitis, measles, whooping cough, etc.

Hello Conchita
Would you please explain the meaning of "pet deposit" in this case for me?

Many thanks to you.
Thu

Vaccination #4 (permalink) Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:58 am   Vaccination

Thunu wrote:
Conchita wrote:

Hello Conchita
Would you please explain the meaning of "pet deposit" in this case for me?

Many thanks to you.
Thu

In case it is still interesting for someone but me:
Pet deposit just as well as pet fee: refundable & non-refundable sums of money specified by the oral or written contract & due to be payed by the lessee to the lessor in case of a possible damage to the rented property caused by certain actions of your beloved pet etc.
I'm here quite often ;-)

Meaning of vaccination #5 (permalink) Wed Jun 09, 2010 18:12 pm   Meaning of vaccination

hi Gheron , according to your message, could I consider " pet deposit" as an idiom?
Ducanh.hut
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Meaning of vaccination #6 (permalink) Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 am   Meaning of vaccination

God only knows :)
I assume, you can rightfully say it's a set phrase (at least, in AE). Though the difference is very slight. Mainly, it's based upon whether or not this or that expression is added to the regular dictionary.
I'm here quite often ;-)

Pretty good idea | Difference between "tired" and "fed up"
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
To gel a familyTeaching TerminologyI'm off on mondays and tuesdays or I take the days off on monday and tuesday?I spent a lot of money. vs I spend a lot of money.Is there any text by which not only English grammar?Does it mean that you better leave Mark alone and don't bother him?What are people of color?That car just cut me off?Is seems suitable here?Does at the turn of the century mean the beginning of the century?Shirley has gone to the library?What does 'branches' mean?We all got wet?