dutifully; with care; thoroughly
manually
twice
conscientiously
below

Meaning of "carry out"

Meaning of "carry over" | Meaning of 'a sewage pipe burst at Nassau Coliseum'
Meaning of "carry out" #1 (permalink) Thu May 18, 2006 11:36 am   Meaning of "carry out"

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Idioms with the phrasal verb carry", question 5

China's cultural industry was given a boost last week after the government announced its plan to ......... cultural reform in more than 20 provincial areas.

(a) carry away
(b) carry through
(c) carry off
(d) carry out

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Idioms with the phrasal verb carry", answer 5

China's cultural industry was given a boost last week after the government announced its plan to carry out cultural reform in more than 20 provincial areas.

Correct answer: (d) carry out
_________________________

what does carry out means?

Lola
Lola

To carry out #2 (permalink) Thu May 18, 2006 12:00 pm   To carry out

To carry out means to lift and take out. It also means to do something successfully: I carried out all your instructions.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
'Tomorrow evening' vs 'In tomorrow evening'James isn't in at the moment vs James isn't up at the momentIs it only past simple or posibly past perfect?Meaning of "turn the volume up"Preposition at the endMeaning of 'fetch'Meaning of beggedIdiom: "swimming with sharks"Why is 'taken' used with 'are' instead of 'have'?Oversee vs. overlookTrust vs. "rely on"What does "know one's stuff" mean?"switch off" vs. "turn off "