amid; in the middle
precisely
miserably
between
hard

Hello, I am FangFang from China

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Hi, my name is Diana. I'm from Bolivia... | Hi, I am Madhuri from Andhra Pradesh, India...
Hello, I am FangFang from China #121 (permalink) Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:28 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi FangFang,

That's quite interesting about your study. Yeah, I really like learning English, the way you do! :lol: Thanks!
_________________
If you want to change the world, be one of the change.
Rosalisa

Location: Cambodia

Hello, I am FangFang from China #122 (permalink) Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:05 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi, Rosalisa:
Thanks for your words, i will take it as a compliment! :lol: :lol:
I wonder how you study english :wink:

FangFang
FangFang

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Hello, I am FangFang from China #123 (permalink) Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:04 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi FangFang,

How I study English is as simple as that :lol: . I have studied English for about 5 years already. I still find my English improving with little progress :lol: . Don't worry, I must have a go for it :D . My teacher has always told me to get involved with practicing English through speaking, writing, listening and especially reading. I read news and English books every day because I believe that this way also enables me to increase my vocabulary and my ability to understand grammar. My teacher even told me to practice English every day as the way we practice playing a drum. Though we can't have too much time for it per day, it is also worthwhile to do it using a short time but do it consistently.

How about you, FangFang? :D
_________________
Rosalisa

Location: Cambodia

Hello, I am FangFang from China #124 (permalink) Wed Aug 23, 2006 14:38 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi, Rosalisa:
Your teacher is right. To be good at using english isn't so easy. It will take you a lot of time. Since my major isn't english i have to learn it by myself. Well, in fact, my formal english courses were over at last term. You may not understand why i say so, that is to say, i needn't worry about english exams any more, :lol: My God, Maybe i will attend other exams in the future, but all depends on whether i want or whether it is neccessary. 8)
Now i study english only because of my interests, furthermore, i have to read a lot of english books partly for my professional study. Among those skills, i think. listening would be a little difficult, because of many accents, lots of slang or expressions. The better way to improve your listening is to follow BBC or VOA , of course, you can enjoy watching movies or CD, I listen to all kinds of english materials, my listening is becoming better and better.
About reading, it may be the most important skill which can not only help your comprehension ability but your oral skills and writing . I believe it so!!! Because when you read many many books and materials you will develop the sense of language, which is so fantastic and gradually your writing skills and passions of "Speaking it out" would become stronger and stronger. Those are my study experiences.
Now, i am busy with my own study, few time would be spent on english . But i will squeeze some time on it, a handy dictionary is my good friend, because i like to read dictionaires for the sake of knowledges and fun!! :wink: And finally, don't forget to enjoy some nice english songs! :lol: :lol: If you want , you can talk to yourself or your friends in english, keep it that way, everything will become better!!! :lol:
See you around!

FangFang
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #125 (permalink) Thu Aug 24, 2006 16:45 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Wahoo :D :) :o
Fang & Rosalisa Here :shock:

How are you friends?

That is very nice, when I see you. :wink:

My friends:

Yesterday, I had quiz in my course. Just two units and I wish did well in this quiz.
My teacher said he will get our result on Saturday.

Fang & Rosalisa

Do you know traditional damascene house?

Let me explain a little about it:

The traditional damascene House include two floors and surface and a big yard in meddle yard there is pool and many of small fountains.

When you sat in the yard you can see the sky and clouds, we often sat in it at afternoon in the summer and we drink a cup of coffee and enjoy with bird's song and water's sound and can see on around you the plant and a lot of roses and a fewer trees.
Like lemon tree and apricot tree and jasmine tree…………..

The traditional damascene house has a lot of rooms and are very big and the sun go in it most day, so traditional damascene House is from better houses in the world ..
It's Healthy house.

The best wishes.

Mba
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #126 (permalink) Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:25 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Salaam: Dark
Wow, How wonderful it is ____The Traditional Damascus House! I like your cosy yards. :wink: Envy you so much!!!!
What a pity ! Here we are mostly living in high buildings , they seem to be like the match boxes. Because of our dense population the room space becomes smaller , but the housing price is booming higher and higher. :evil:
So, tell me about your english study soon :wink:
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #127 (permalink) Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:15 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi Fang and Mehi,

What a wonderful house it is!! Really, in my country, we have not such beautiful houses!! We have only apartments which look identical with ones nearby and appear like mushrooms :D .

Thanks for your good explanation, Mehi. :D
_________________
Rosalisa

Location: Cambodia

Hello, I am FangFang from China #128 (permalink) Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:43 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Salaam Fangfang, Rosalisa( :D :) :D )

Unfortunately these traditional damascene Houses we can't find it,else indoor old Damascus wall and around Damascus castle and the most these traditional damascene Houses change to restaurants or museums. Like Azem palace.

I was lived in traditional damascene House before seven years ago, but now I live in flat in modern Damascus, and I really miss to my traditional damascene House, but this is our life and we can't change it.

P.S. Shatha I'll tell you about my result and I thank you for your help to me. :wink:

Mba
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #129 (permalink) Fri Aug 25, 2006 16:58 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Rosalisa wrote:
Hi Fang and Mehi,

Hi, Rosalisa:
I prefer mushrooms to match boxes! :lol: :lol:
I think the population in your country is much less than that in China. Sometimes I can see your tradtional buildings on TV, they are very special. Of course, what impressed me much is the Angkor Wat , it seems to be very mysterious and had been regarded as one of the most valuable World Civilization Heritage , I would be happy if you introduce the cultures concerned :wink:

FangFang
FangFang

Hello Fang, #130 (permalink) Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:51 am   Hello Fang,

Hi FangFang,

I don't have good knowledge about that. But I can tell you a little about that. Angkor Wat was built years ago (probably in the 12th century) but it was not completed then. Years later, one of our great kings in Angkor era completed the construction. Our ancestors built it especially for religious ceremonies. What is great about that is people in the ancient times could not build complicated structure like that, which is so artful with many pictures sculptured on the walls and expresses many events in the past. It is nowadays located in one province called Siem Reap and faces to the west.

That's what I can tell. Well, there's a lot about that. But i would suggest you to ask me what you want to know about that.

Will be right back! :D
_________________
Rosalisa

Location: Cambodia

Duhuang frescoes #131 (permalink) Sat Aug 26, 2006 13:39 pm   Duhuang frescoes

Rosalisa wrote:
What is great about that is people in the ancient times could not build complicated structure like that, which is so artful with many pictures sculptured on the walls and expresses many events in the past.

Hi, Rosalisa:
Have you ever been there? Pictures on the walls _____something similar to our Dunhuang frescoes,which are located in Duhuang City , Shang Xi Province in China. Of course, those masterpieces are mainly reflecting the ancient art , Flying is one of the most famous paintings there, many of them also indicate the Buddism Spirits. I think there are some similarities here, at least , people had found the same form of painting expression, both of them are related to the religion. I think it is a kind of rock drawing, the marvelous thing is that, our ancient people also did such a complicated but great job. Though the producivity at that time was less advanced they had got excellent understandings about art and its creation. Those pictures are vivid and elegant, they are good materials for knowing the Buddism . Many religious stories, it is said that there are nearly 1,000 wall pictures, they are collected and shown in 552 rock holes, and many other interesting sculptures(12,208 ), even I am a chinese I still feel incredible , how can they make it ?
By the way, The Duhuang frescoes have been listed in the World Civilization Heritage , too. We do have some similarities. :wink: I hope I can visit them soon.

FangFang
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #132 (permalink) Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:33 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi Fang, :D

It is incredible that our ancestors have left great things to us to look after. In those ancient times, there was not advance techinology, so they could not have made it. Yet, they did it.

I think there are some similarities here, at least , people had found the same form of painting expression, both of them are related to the religion. I think it is a kind of rock drawing, the marvelous thing is that, our ancient people also did such a complicated but great job. Though the producivity at that time was less advanced they had got excellent understandings about art and its creation. Those pictures are vivid and elegant, they are good materials for knowing the Buddism . Many religious stories, it is said that there are nearly 1,000 wall pictures, they are collected and shown in 552 rock holes, and many other interesting sculptures(12,208 ), even I am a chinese I still feel incredible , how can they make it ?

Very interesting!!!

Have you ever been there?

I have been there twice. As I recollect, I walked around some temples in the area which is famous of its great buildings, especially around Angkor Wat. Well, it was such a great experience for me.

I hope I can visit them soon.

I would like to visit The Duhuang frescoes one day, too. And I keep my fingers crossed for you, Fang.

Rosalis :D
_________________
Rosalisa

Location: Cambodia

Hello, I am FangFang from China #133 (permalink) Sat Sep 02, 2006 15:31 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi Fang,Rosalisa :D

Today I was in Seadnaia : it's suburb near Damascus Really it's wonderful place, it's where on a mountain and has clean air and a huge green space and the oldest churches in the world.

after I finished My work from our workshop, I went with my partner to prophet Marliass's church and we saw the main hall and we walked in heart the mountain by bunkers and all that at the church and we saw a tunnel from up top mountain to down it. (Made by lightning.)

Let me tell you it story:

There was King and his bad wife and they want to kill the prophet Marliass , and when they find him in the Cave and when they want to kill him...
Our god sends lightning to make this tunnel for him to ran away to the sky.

If you see this place, really you feel, you are in paradise………

Seadnaia is paradise in the earth.

Mba.
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #134 (permalink) Sat Sep 02, 2006 15:39 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Dark magician wrote:
Hi Fang,Rosalisa :D

Let me, tell you story it :

Seadnaia is paradise in the earth.

Mba.

_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Paradise #135 (permalink) Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:33 am   Paradise

Hi, Dark
I am looking over that mountain, it is just there. I am hearing the birds singing, they are around me. I am smelling the flowers, they are so sweet. :lol: :lol: ____What a nice picture!!!
Really? The oldest church is there? And about the tunnel, I think your story is very funny. But you didn't tell me why Marlias stayed in the cave. :roll: :wink:
FangFang

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Hi everyone! I'm KhatkaHello, I am Bamidele...How get started?Hi, my name is Armin...Hello everyone! I'm Gilson, and I hope to be welcome here! Thank you!Hi... I am Wil from MalaysiaIntroduce my self: My name is Jamac. I live in Kenya, I am Somali...Hi, This is Dashrath Prasad from India...I am new, my name is Luya, I am from Colombia...I'm a newbie hereHello, My name is Leena. I graduated last April from a Dutch University in Qatar.what do you say?Hi... My name is Roy, I want to improve my English...