unusual; exceptional; unique; particular; highly valued
harmful
funnelled
fundamental
special

Hello, I am FangFang from China

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member?
Hi, my name is Diana. I'm from Bolivia... | Hi, I am Madhuri from Andhra Pradesh, India...
Thank you because repair my word #16 (permalink) Thu Jun 01, 2006 16:55 pm   Thank you because repair my word

Salaam FangFang. :lol:
Your name is wonderful.
Is it mean smell roses?
Thank you because repair my word, yes I mean your capital
Beijing. :mrgreen:
I'll go to Beijing because our company import accessory from Euro
Such as blum but in your country there are a lot of accessory and mechanic movements it is cheaper than Euro.
I think your study it's great and you will a big present to your country if you work hard.
I sorry again, are you male or female? :oops:
Could you tell me about a great rampart, please? :wink:
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #17 (permalink) Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:54 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hello,Dark:
The way you speak of "The Great Wall" is really funny :D ,ok,though i guess you are talking about it (you use the word :great rampart" :D
The Great Wall is a wonderful place ,If you visit Beijing soon,you can go there and have a look.Now The Great Wall we can see can date back to Min Dynasty,and mainly it was bulit from that time.Of course,you may know that ,in Qin Dynasty the first chinese emperor built it for defense,but,Great Wall had been rapaired and developed since Qin Dynasty.Now many visitors go there just for a view ,but ,imagin ,in our ancient times it was used for wars defense.What a great job for those ancient people!
Well,welcome to China, :D many countries are complaining our cheaper exports,the trade barriers are big problems for China.Anyway,personally,i don't think there have been many serious problems between China and Middle East .ok,would you like to tell me where you are located,Iran or some other countries? :)
FangFang

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Hello, I am FangFang from China #18 (permalink) Sat Jun 03, 2006 15:55 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi fang fang :o
I want thank you to repair my word but any way I am helping you to ran your mind :)
I'm not form Iran but I like it very much. But you can know my country in my website
Of course it still tests but we write on first page our address. It's very easy :roll:
Ok... I am from Syria. Sure my country and your country are friends and we have a lot enterprise of china in my country.
I remember ask you some questions about your sex and your name if you don't want me to know about that. Ok… you are free and don't care about it.
I am listening to Molan legend, is it true? :!:
It's from you country. Can you tell me about it, please?
See u :wink:
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #19 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:26 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi,Dark:
I have told you that i am not a man,"fangfang" is a girl's name,which means "fragrance" :D
I know there are many chinese who do businesses in the Middle East these years.I think Syria is a beautiful country with typical islam cultures and customs,so ,i really want to know some interesting customs in your country. :wink:
Sorry,i don't know what Molan Legend is :cry: ,music ,radio or something else?tell me i will try my bests to figure it out :)
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #20 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 15:39 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hello fang fang (fragrance) :D
Who are you? Your study it's ok?
Did you visit my country? If you didn't. I invite you to visit it. :P
Because it's very beautiful. -LIKE YOUR COUNTRY-
Molan is girl too, she saved on honor her family and she defended on her country from Mongols.
I watched that from TV. This film produces by Disnay.
Any way can you speak about any legend you know about your country. :wink:
Talk to my soon.
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Legends! #21 (permalink) Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:38 am   Legends!

Hello,Dark
It seems that Molan has got her new name in english :D ,hehehhe,now ,i just recall who Molan is ! :P in fact,we call her "Mu Lan"
Yeah,it is a popular legend in China,she is a brave girl,isn't she? :wink:
OK,there are lots of legends about chinese cultures,ancient chinese have amazing imaginations!!! :)
Here,i 'd like to recommend one ,virtually,it is not only a legend but a great novel in chinese history!Everyone in China knows that Legend! :) ______Journey to The West!
"long long ago,there was born a monkey from huge stone,he wasn't a monkey, :wink: ,for he was given human's thoughts and feelings,at first,he was simple and ignorant about the real human world,he led a free life,eating fruits ,drinking branch waters,playing with other monkeys.Of course,he was brave too!so all the other monkeys elected him and called him "Beautiful Monkey King ",but it was not the end,he wasn't satisfied with that and made himself as "Qitian Dasheng"(Great Sage Vying with Heaven)___who can be equal with God! :wink: ,so,that was really irritating the real God in Heaven.......(to be continued) :D
Well,i am writing to you at Libary ,i must log off for my lunch now,well,i want to hear your country's legends,hehehehe,Do the culture exchanges! :D
:D
My study is busy,but i am learning english on this website too,writing would be interesing!ok,talk to you soon!see you around!
zai jian!(bye) :wink:
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #22 (permalink) Tue Jun 06, 2006 16:18 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hello fragrance :wink:
I am interesting in your legend and, I wait what happened for monkey after that?
Yes of course sure we have the biggest legend in our area it's me…. Hay you don’t believe me?
Ok... ok... I am joking.
In fact we have a lot of legends in our history such as "Alae Al-din & Ali baba & Sindbad… "
You just choose any one from that and I'll tell you about it.
Do you stay every day in library?! If you do that you are love the books very much?
Could you tell me what kind books which you read? "Of course after your legend"
I wish for you nice day and delicious lunch. :roll:
zai jian :idea:
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #23 (permalink) Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:07 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hello,Dark:
Would you like to tell me something about Syria,in fact,i know nothing about your country :oops:
You are interested in Journey to the West?,well,it has lots of stories ,i can't give a full discription here, :P
Last time the Beautiful Monkey King irritated God in Heaven,so ,the real God including those officials and ministers in Heaven want to figure things out,they want to know what this Monkey King is lookng like ,for he made himeself Qitian Dasheng,you know?only the God himself can be named like that!!! :D Thus,this Monkey is invited to the Heaven for an interview.
When Beautiful Monkey King arrives at Heaven,celestials there can't help laughing at him,"He is just a monkey,nothing special" says everyone.so does the God,but they don‘t know that,our Beautiful Monkey King isn’t just a monkey,(as i said before) before his coming to Heaven,he got a chance to master powers like flying on clouds ,looping himself with a long long distance,for instance,one of his loops in air can reach to 105000 kilometers :D ,amazing?LOL
ok,back!so,finally,the God decides to title our Monkey King as the Throne Administrator of Heavenly Horses :D in other words,he will be a horsingman!On hearing that,simple Monkey King thinks it would be a great and respectful job ,at the beginning he feels happy and curious ,Monkey King is about to undertake that Great Job
But things are not the same as his expectations,when he works as a horsingman,he finds all the other people have rights to ask him this or that,he doesn’t know ,that the horsingman is the humblest and lowest in Heaven,Monkey King feels very angry and to be cheated by God,so,he drives all Heavenly horses out ,which makes God so angry 。It seems there is coming an inevitable storm......(to be continued) :D :D
Dark,tell me something about Syria‘s customs and cultures,please!hehehe :D
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #24 (permalink) Thu Jun 08, 2006 18:55 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Salaam fragrance :D
How are you?
First I talk to you about my country Syria. It's beautiful place and it has three ambiances:
1- Desert: it isn't very huge. It has clear air and some animals and a lot of sand of course! And there you can found the city which warring Romans its Palmyra and a lot of ancient trails.
2- The coast: it isn't big too. But it has a lot of rivers and trees and brads and temperance climate and a lot of ancient trails too such as "Hossen castle" and the oldest alphabet in the world it called "Ogareit"
3- The mountain: it wonderful place it has waterfalls and green trees and Lakes and nice natural.
Sure the most our city it very old. But the oldest our city it's Damascus. Which I live in it, And it capital my country since Romans age until now. There are two styles (modern-old) in my city.
I'll tell you about my city and our customs and cultures in next post.
If you want to know any thing from my country or Middle East, I ready… :arrow:
I'll try sent you some photo to our trails and my city.
Oh yes I'll be forget, I wait three part from legend and could you tell my about library do you work in it or study, and maybe tell me about your favored food.
I wish to you nice day (FangFang) :wink:
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #25 (permalink) Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:13 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi,Dark:
I am doing some researches in university.My study is mainly on international financial management.It is really a hard job,something about economic and financial work.But one of those benefits from researches is that i can broaden my mind and know more,not only relative knowledges but interesting foreign cultures. :D
OK,my retelling story isn't so wonderful as the original work :oops: In last episode ,Beautiful Monkey King irritated God again,so those pretentious celestials decided to catch and prison him。But,Qitian Dasheng was so powerful that nobody can subdue him ,what‘s more,the war between God and Monkey King gave him another big help!for Qitian Dasheng accidentally stolen a kind of divine pills from Master Vesper and ate them ,thus ,Monkey King can live longer and forever,never die!That made Master Vesper so angry ,so when he found Monkey king was sleeping in his pills-furnace ,Master Vesper wanted to heat him up inside and catch him,but ,on the contrary,Monkey King wasn’t dead at all,his eyes became brighter and sharper,which helped him to recognize demon immediately in his later jouney to the West。
Well,it seemed that nobody can be his opponent!God was getting into troubles now,finally,he invited Buddha to catch Monkey King。Buddha was a wise celestial ,he trapped Monkey into his huge hands,which were so boundless that Monkey King can‘t fly across,whatever he tried ,his loops didn’t work at all,Monkey was meeting with a real powerful opponet 。He failed completedly and was burried under a huge mountain,on that the Buddha sticked a piece of abracadabra that after five hundred years Monkey King could be saved out by a monk passing by.
The monk was a wise sage of Tang Dynasty of ancient China,who was responsible for learning and teaching Buddisim for his nation 。People loved him and respected him so much,the emperor looked him as a brother!It was for his strong desires of Buddism that Monk Tang decided to travel to the West(India today)where he would learn holy Buddism from Buddha!
So,our story began again after 500 years ,all came true 。It was when Monk Tang passed by that huge mountain that he heard the Monkey King’s help,at seeing his misery ,Monk couldn’t help sympathizing Monkey,he climbed to the top of mountain and tore that abracadabra off,Monkey King was finally saved by his benefactor,in order to show his thanks to monk tang,Monkey King regarded monk as his master and decided to help him to get real Buddhist Scriptures。They were on the way for the West together......(to be continued) :D :D
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #26 (permalink) Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:21 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi,Dark:
Thanks for telling me those ,there are so many stories about deserts,hehehe,i am interested in it,in fact,i wonder ,would you like to tell me about Syria's history?You've mentioned Roman ,i think it would be a great but heavy history.I will be a good listener and learner here, :D
About my favored food,mmmmm,so much!!!!!!!! :D :D
Chinese food is different from middle east food,i think,mainly in the south of China(where i live) people eat rice,but in the north they eat foods made from wheat.In fact,China has 56 peoples,each has unique cooking ways,Now you can see many chinese resteraunts everywhere,the meals you taste are about the same in homeland.But if you want to experience this,just come here! :wink: :wink:
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #27 (permalink) Sat Jun 10, 2006 22:30 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi fangfang :D
Do you get nice time today?
Your story is very interesting and I wait left-over the legend because I am enjoying with it.
Sure that it make me very happy when I tell you about my country. :wink:
Dear fangfang I want to tell you about your name its meaning in Arabic "Shatha".
I want to ask you too, what is meaning "hehehe!!!"? :!:
I have suggestion to you: I'll tell you about history my country in many posts
Now I'll talk about general Syria history:
"The strategic importance of Syria is due to its unique position at the meeting point of three continents, Asia, Africa and Europe, and at the crossroads between the red Sea, the Indian Ocean, and the Nile. The Silk Road led from China to Europe, from Palmyra, and Homs to Syria's coastal ports on the Mediterranean. This geographical position lent distinction to the country, not only as a trade and caravan route but also as a melting-pot of ideas, beliefs and talents.
During the Greek and Roman eras, Syria was a center for culture and politics. Several Roman emperors were natives of Syria. Greater Syria was central to the rise of the world's monotheistic religions. Christianity began its expansion from there. Antioch in the north, was the home of the first Christian community in the first century AD. The oldest churches in the world are in Syria. When Islam spread to Syria, Damascus became the capital of the Islamic Empire under the Umayyad Caliphate."
finaly I think Your food is very delicious. Maybe you can give me advices about food kind which I order If I'll go to chinese restaurants,please? :?
I wish to you the best luck "Shatha=fangfang=fragrance" :D
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #28 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:56 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hello,Dark:
If you don't know what "hehehe"means,you would be hopeless,hahaha :D :D
I am glad that you are interested in my story,but here,i 'd like point that,Journey to the West is totally a legend,all those figures are fictitious except Monk Tang,who is a real man on history,of course,he did travelled to India for learning Buddism.Tang Dynasty was the most properous period in ancient China.We did culture exchanges at that time even more earlier.Just like what you mentioned,The Great Silk Road ,became the key to connect China and the West.
In my last story,Monkey King met Monk Tang,they began the journey to West together,on the road,they met with demons ,monsters and much difficulty,but fortunately,another two companions appeared to help them ,one was Pig Zhu,the other was Monk Sha :D :D
Interestingly,Pig Zhu was once a celestial in Heaven,but he was addictive to a beautiful fairy (Chang e)in Moon Palace and always disturbing her,thus,when Fairy Chang e reported it to God,pig Zhu was kicked out from Heaven and became a common man with an ugly pig face, :D :D He was really lazy and wordy,complaining his unfortune all the time until the day he met with Monkey King and Tang Monk,their meeting was full of drama.
Once,when pig zhu was kicked off Heaven,he had to make a living in human world,incidentally,though he wasn't a celestial any more,he was still having magic powers,only when he was drunk or not meaning for disguise he resumed to have a pig face, :D .well,he decided to find a job in a rich family as a worker.He was so hard-working that the boss was very satisfied with him ,so was the boss's daughter.They fell in love soon(attention,he was disguising as a handsome man :D :D ).When the wedding party was over,beautiful bride found her groom snoring with a big sound,but ,what shocked her greatly wasn't that,A man with a pig face !!!!She couldn't believe it and screamed .They thought they must have met a monster!People's panic wakened pig zhu,He felt so embarrased ,he explained to bride and her family ,trying to make them believe he wasn't a monster but the groom,how vain!They felt no happiness but panic,great panic!The marriage was over ,which made pig zhu so sad,he tried to retrieve his bride's heart.so every night he came to knock her door,which made the poor girl in great horror!
The news spread around ,soon Monkey king and Monk Tang passed by and heard of it,They were told there was a Monster disturbing this family ,poor girl was crying all the time.After hearing that,Monkey King was very curious ,he wanted to know who that Monster was and decided to meet him.So they came to visit this family ,that boss firstly also felt shocked at seeing Monkey,he ,though wasn't normally man-looking ,but better than pig zhu,What's more,Monk Tang told him that Monkey King could be trusted in ,for Monk Tang was so famous and credible that everyone believed them,our Monkey King decided to catch Pig zhu when he came again,the night was falling......(to be continued) :wink: :wink:
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #29 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 14:32 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Salaam,Dark:
Are you a Muslim?If not ,you will have many choices :wink: :wink: I know Beijing roast duck is very famous,you needn't cost much .In fact,there are many resteraunts in Perking,where you can taste all kinds of food in China,really,i am not joking!People run their businesses there just for its unique status,which is the centre of culture,education ,politics ,resteraunts as well . :D
you know ,northern people prefer wheat foods than rice,if you travel along the old Silk Road,you would be shocked ,some regional people just keep a similar custom like you(i mean the food style),for instance,Xing Jiang region(a western province here),and i know on the Silk Road people in Shan Xi province enjoy a kind of special food,it is called “Mutton Dumpling”,Muslim snack! :D
Of course,our southern people mainly eat rice,gernerally,the Yang zhou fried rice is famous,but now many resteraunts can make their characteristic meals,if you want to experience them all,you will have to stay longer in China 。 :D :D
Now we have attracted many world-known food investors coming,like italian food,french food ,american food and so on,but few arabic food chains。Maybe people are becoming more western in food style,in fact,arabic cultures have less effects on our traditional ones,which isn‘t the same as that of american cultures,i am wondering wether it is a good thing or not。。。。。。
Ok,talk to you soon!
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #30 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 16:42 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Dear FangFang
I think when you write "hehehe" you mean laugh :lol: -I don't know-, so you are very merry girl and everybody likes that. But when you talk about ceremonial thing such as our history, I think that not nice. Anyway I want to be your friend and I'll not excuse to anybody laugh from Chinese history or Arabic history.
Again I am really admirer in merry girl. So you can do any thing _just you_ :wink:
Maybe we can give in any post we send together small Idea about our country of course if you want… :idea:
Now let me talk to you about the oldest city in history:
Damascus is known to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world. There is firm evidence that in the third millennium BC, Damascus was a population center of a civilization that was considerably prosperous and economically influential. The earliest reference to the city was found in the archaeological site of Ebla in 1975; where the word "Damaski" was found on one of the clay tablets. Some historians believe that the city actually dates back to the seventh millennium BC.
Romans and Byzantines
In 64 BC, the Roman General Pompey annexed Syria and declared it as a province of the Roman Empire. While some Syrian principalities, like Palmyra, were granted a certain degree of autonomy, Damascus was under full control of Roman and Byzantine authorities. The city flourished as a result of political stability and economic growth that accompanied the expansion of the Roman Empire. Damascus gained a significant economic importance as the crossroads on the east-west trade route. Damascene products such as swords, glassware and cloth became renowned throughout the Empire. This prosperity led to further expansion of the city.
The Romans incorporated the Aramaean and Greek sectors of the city to form into a uniform city plan and built a broad wall encircling the whole area. Seven gates were built at intervals along the wall and were named after the stars in the constellation of the Seven Sisters, the Pleiades. Damascus was divided by the Street Called Straight, which was mentioned in the bible in connection with St. Paul's conversion to Christianity. The Street connected and still connects the Eastern Gate (Bab Sharqi) to Bab al-Jabieh. Along the length of the Street was an aqueduct supported by columns. A covered colonnade stood along its both sides of the Street, sheltering warehouses and stores.
Byzantine Damascus remained much the same as it had during the Roman period, except for the mass construction of churches and the transformation of the Temple of Jupiter into a cathedral dedicated to St. John the Baptist in the fourth century. In addition to this cathedral, 16 churches were built in and around Damascus. The Church of al-Mosallaba was built near the Eastern Gate at the site where the Chapel of Ananias now stands. The site has been chosen because it's thought to be the place where St. Paul was cured of his blindness after his vision on the road to Damascus. Two churches were also built in this area: The Church of al-Maqsala'at and the Church of Mariam (Mary), which was replaced by the Maryamiyyah Church which still stands there today. There are descriptions of other churches, but no remains of which were found.
The only notable Ghassanid architectural contribution to Damascus was al-Baris Citadel, which was built in the center of the city on the Street Called Straight. There are also descriptions of a palace for Ghassanid princes.
in next post photos to my country :arrow:
I wish to you good time
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

ESL Forums | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Hi everyone! I'm KhatkaHello, I am Bamidele...How get started?Hi, my name is Armin...Hello everyone! I'm Gilson, and I hope to be welcome here! Thank you!Hi... I am Wil from MalaysiaIntroduce my self: My name is Jamac. I live in Kenya, I am Somali...Hi, This is Dashrath Prasad from India...I am new, my name is Luya, I am from Colombia...I'm a newbie hereHello, My name is Leena. I graduated last April from a Dutch University in Qatar.what do you say?Hi... My name is Roy, I want to improve my English...