to rub; to achieve or obtain with difficulty; to delete; to cross out
elect
scratch
veil
originate

Hello, I am FangFang from China

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member?
Hi, my name is Diana. I'm from Bolivia... | Hi, I am Madhuri from Andhra Pradesh, India...
Hello, I am FangFang from China #31 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 16:50 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

this photos to my country
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

What do the pics show? #32 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 16:57 pm   What do the pics show?

Well done!

How beautiful!
Could you tell us what places they are?

Tks for sharing DM
Tere

Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Photographs #33 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 19:58 pm   Photographs

Hi DM (I like this abbreviation created by Tere!), these photos are really great. Just like Tere I'd like to learn about your country and its people.
Where and when did you take those photos? Also, do you have any photos showing people, maybe you and your co-workers or happy customers ;-)?

Talk to you soon,

TOEIC short conversations: Two old friends meet on the bus

Hello, I am FangFang from China #34 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 23:10 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Salaam Tere & fangfang & Torsten :D
These photos: the first Palmyra, the second lowland and third Blodan Mountain near Damascus.
Dear fangfang :wink:
I send to Tere some pic and you can see it from her forum.
I am Moslem and that give me a great feel and we can eat every thing except three it: wine & blood & pig…
From your explaining there are a lot of delicious food which has not any from these ingredients. And we have in our country a lot of Chinese restaurants so I'll try it.
I agree your viewpoint the famous food in the world it fast meal (American food) but I think the traditional food is better than it and when I listen to your explaining become I love Chinese food such as Arabic food.
Good wishes to you. :wink:
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #35 (permalink) Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:26 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Salaam,Dark:
Thanks for your wonderful introduction,i am impressed much ! :) But,i can't see any photo from you,What a pity! :cry: (i will have to imagin their beauty ) :wink:
From your discripition i think you love your country with holy spirits,which makes me admired!My knowledges of arabic culture are rather poor,so i am very glad to stay here ,viewing diverse cultures and enjoying myself! :)
I am a materialist and atheist,so i can't understand your belief in God,but i know ,religion plays a big role in your cultures and customs,Would you like to give me some examples here,how does it affect your daily life?Except for dietary habits you must have some special customs concerned .Thus,when i meet arabic friends later i won't make offence . :wink: (why you don't drink wine?is there any story?)
Finally,i appreriate your words again,they are wonderful,really.Yeah,i am merry ,especially when reading those beautiful things,which makes me smile .Hope you happy too! :wink:
Write to you soon!
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #36 (permalink) Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:17 am   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi Dark

What great Pics !!!

Yes It's my country too ... and I think that there are more and more wonderful areas at our country Syria ... :)

Good job MBA :))

Syria is really the Paradise of the east ..
Hercules

Location: Syria

Hello, I am FangFang from China #37 (permalink) Tue Jun 13, 2006 13:15 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Salaam Fangfang :o
I am very sorry because you didn't see the pictures maybe if you do refresh this page you can see it. I really want to you see it.
First I don't prefer I speak on my religion because that from specialty scientists religion but anyway I'll give you a some Ideas on my religion :
We trust in the god such materialist people who believe in gravity because they can not see it but they can feel it. That exactly such as affects our god on us.
About Wine we can not drink it because my religion depends on mind and the wine help to go the mind and every thing...stop the mind is forbidden.
Of course do you know damage the wine and alcohol and every thing in my religion have damage more than benefitage, it is forbidden.
In fact I honor in my religion and we believe in free belief so you can be any thing, you are free...
I'll tell you in the next post on Islamic age to my city.
I wish you nice day "Shatha".
:wink:
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #38 (permalink) Tue Jun 13, 2006 14:57 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Salaam,Dark:
well,i do have some problems with my computer,if possible i will land here :D ,you know?i refresh this page again and again,but failed,there must be something wrong with my internet setting.I am so eager to see them_____for Hercules, Tere and Torsten were all attracted by your pictures !!I REALLY WANT TO SEE !!!! :cry: :D
Now i am going to continue my story: :wink:
When the night fell,as usual,pig zhu came again,knocking on the door,This time ,out of his surprise pig zhu was allowed to enter into room,but ,without any light he can't see his bride in dark.It was Monkey King's trick.He disguised as the bride and teased that silly pig :D ,pig zhu had less magic powers than Monkey King,obviously,he couldn‘t recongnize it and did all as what Monkey King commanded(Surely,very funny)In chinese idioms there is one ,saying“ one can’t know the other without combat”,finally,when pig zhu understood all he became crazy and fighted with Monkey King,but he wasn‘t a good fighter at all 。Subdued by Monkey King and yielded to him,Pig zhu had to call Monkey King “Brother” ,left his bride with great unwillingness and became Monk Tang’s second prentice,that is to say,the day you become a monk you will forget the common human society。
In fact,in the original work there are lots of descriptions about pig zhu,He indeed is a pig,with all pig‘s defects,lazy,selfish,which is different from Monkey King,who is clever ,bright,honest ,faithful and brave。The author in Ming Dynasty just gives us a clear scene ,reflecting human‘s feeling,personality。When Monkey King ,pig zhu or other figures are shaped with those characters they just let readers find the same in ourselves。That is the most successful point in ”Journey To The West“。Why is it called as a great Novel,There are much to say,unlike my poor retelling,the author gave many funny and interesting stories in a vivid writing way,firstly,Monkey King ,Pig zhu ,other monsters or celestials are all given man’s feelings ,they speak lively words ,humous and full of imaginations。Secondly,all stories are successive,the whole line is Monk Tang‘s travelogue to West,but it is full of uncertainty,At the beginning of novel,writer gave lots of discriptions about Monkey King ,his birth ,learning powers and magic,combats with Heaven ,meeting with Monk Tang etc。Then following the advents of pig zhu and monk sha,they three all became Monk Tang’s prentice and protected him from being hurt by demons and monsters,on the roads there happened many stories,which was a grand ,great journey to West,I think,there are some similarities between this novel and Ring King ,both authors found hopes in their way,that is Novel,carrying our dreams and hopes ———No wars ,No sin,no greediness ,no selfishness,only love!great love(is that the spirit of Buddism,i don‘t know 。。。。。。)Of course,finally,Monk Tang got the true Buddism spirits,they all overcame their own problems and became real saints!(The End) :wink: :wink:
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #39 (permalink) Tue Jun 13, 2006 15:02 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Who is the MBA ? :roll:
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #40 (permalink) Tue Jun 13, 2006 15:46 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi,Dark:
As the end of my retelling story I find an interesting link ,you can go there for a look,comic cartoons ___part of Journey to West ,Can you understand all? :wink: :wink:

http://www.sf108.com/blog/blog.php?do_showone/tid_5117.html
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #41 (permalink) Tue Jun 13, 2006 17:24 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Dear FangFang
Don't be sad :cry: if you want see the Photos about my country I'll send it to you on your Email of course after you give me your Email and my Email is found in down every my post :wink:
Now I'll give you Some ideas about my country:
OFFICIAL NAME: Syrian Arab Republic.
CAPITAL: Damascus
AREA: 185.180 km2 (71.500sq. miles)
POPULATION: 18.866 millions ( 2002 census )
CLIMATE: A pleasant and varied Mediterranean climate with four distinct seasons
HOW TO GET THERE:
By land: Syria is connected by highways with Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Turkey.
By Sea: Through the two seaports of Latakia and Tartus on the Mediterranean.
By Air: Damascus, the main gateway to Syria, Aleppo and Latakia are connected with all continents by the national carrier (Syrianair) and major international airlines.
Maybe you can give me such as it about your country because I am from beaus history china :wink:
Mba :twisted: is shortening my real Name and my sign in every my design in our company(Diar kitchens) :idea:
With love 8)
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #42 (permalink) Tue Jun 13, 2006 17:33 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

opss you give me the best description to your story
thank a lot fragrance :wink:
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Climates #43 (permalink) Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:56 pm   Climates

Salaam,Dark:
I am wondering why i can't open your pictures, :cry: Maybe i need download some software ,right?
you know ,transportation is becoming more and more convenient nowadays.The suggestion is that you take airlines to come here,Syria is far away from China,we have six hours differences,now dusk is falling,it must be noon time you there :wink:
The Mediterranean climate is what i prefer,hehehe,i am living in a subtropical zone。Seasons change clearly,which isn‘t so comfortable,in Summer hot and muggy(like these days),In Winter cold and dry,compared with that many years ago ,Climate here isn’t so lovely,Spring and Autumn are very short,so you are lucky enough! :lol: But in China there is a famous place where the climate is wonderful,Spring there all the year!———Kun Ming City ,the Capital of Yu Nan Province,it is a scenic spot attracting all the people to come every year。
China is so grand that she has various climates。The coldest region is Ha Er Bin Province where it can reach to -40 centigrade,now someone has opened ice cafe clubs there,hope they are still there now :wink:
In the north of China ,many provinces have bad climates,just like Inner Mongolia ,dust storm visits usually,Beijing ,as the Capital of China,still suffers sand-storm,poeple are trying to plant more trees to help ourselves ,but it is a hard project,long-term 。I am glad to live in the south :D ,no sand-storms!The problem is hot days are longer and longer,every year it has several hot days in July or August ,40 centigrade !!!no wind,no raining days,sunlight is so harsh to eyes ,seemingly tearing lands into pieces。I have been living here for 20 years ,but ,i dislike climates here yet。Now Summer is coming closer,i am ready for fighting with hot days ! :D Air conditioner,ice blocks,sun-cream,water and so on,if it doesn‘t work ,i will have to stay in the icebox then :D :D
So you’d better not come here in Summer which will last for three months generally,the most pleasant time are March ,April,May ,Octobor。 :wink:
(by the way, Syria has many deserts,how about the desertification ,is it serious there?
FangFang

Hello, I am FangFang from China #44 (permalink) Fri Jun 16, 2006 15:23 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

Hi beauty bird(fangfang) :D
First, your country pictures are really surprising and I put them background on my computer. :o
The most Arabs came from island Arabic quasi and it all desert and the all stories came from there.
I'll give you in every post proverb from my city Damascus; maybe you can do such that too.
The proverb: Turn the pot upside down; the girl will still be like her mother Like mother, like daughter
Now I'll tell you about love Arabic story happened before Islam
Antarah ibn Shaddad :D
born in Laiwa (now Liwa in the Rub' al Khali desert in United Arab Emirates) he was a pre-Islamic Arab hero and poet (fl. 580 CE), was famous both for his poetry and his adventurous life. What many consider his best or chief poem is contained in the Mu'allaqat. The account of his life forms the basis of a long and extravagant romance."
Antara was the son of Shaddād, a well respected member of the tribe of 'Abs, and of Zabaibah, an African slave. The tribe neglected Antara at first as an illegitimate son or slave, due to his color and slave lineage. Nevertheless, Antara soon claimed attention and respect for himself by his remarkable personal qualities and courage in battle, excelling as an accomplished poet and a mighty warrior. When the tribe needed his assistance to fend off another tribe in battle, Shaddād acknowledged Antara as his son, and granted him freedom.
Antara fell in love with his cousin Abla, and sought to marry her despite his status as a slave. To secure allowance to marry, Antara had to face some challenges including getting a special kind of camel from the northern Arabian kingdom of al-No'man Ibn al-Munthir Ibn Ma' al-Sama'.
Antara took part in the great war between the related tribes of Abs and Dhubyān, which began over a contest of horses and was named after them the war of Dāhis and Ghabrā. He died in a fight against the tribe of Tai.
Antara's poetry is well preserved, and often talks of chivalry values, courage and heroism in battle, as well as love for his cousin. It was immortalized when one of his poems was included in the Hanged Poems. The poetry's historical and cultural importance stems from its detailed descriptions of battles, armour, weapons, horses, desert and other themes from his time.
The Russian composer Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov wrote his Symphony No. 2 based on the legend of Antar.
My love :wink:
_________________
Right is always stronger than iniquity.
Dark Magician

Location: UAE-DUBAI

Hello, I am FangFang from China #45 (permalink) Fri Jun 16, 2006 15:56 pm   Hello, I am FangFang from China

I like the way you call this novel. I couldn't translate its title into English. You know, the Vietnamese people love this film very much. And now it is the vacation summer now in Vietnam, and this film is broadcasted. It has fascinated many children, adults, and even old people.

”Journey To The West“ is a interesting film. And I am watching it ;)
Tortoise

ESL Forum | New ESL Forum Member? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Hi everyone! I'm KhatkaHello, I am Bamidele...How get started?Hi, my name is Armin...Hello everyone! I'm Gilson, and I hope to be welcome here! Thank you!Hi... I am Wil from MalaysiaIntroduce my self: My name is Jamac. I live in Kenya, I am Somali...Hi, This is Dashrath Prasad from India...I am new, my name is Luya, I am from Colombia...I'm a newbie hereHello, My name is Leena. I graduated last April from a Dutch University in Qatar.what do you say?Hi... My name is Roy, I want to improve my English...