singular; matchless; rare
recent
unique
tremendous
alive

'Tomorrow evening' vs 'In tomorrow evening'

James isn't in at the moment vs James isn't up at the moment | 'very much larger' vs. 'much larger'
'Tomorrow evening' vs 'In tomorrow evening' #1 (permalink) Mon May 22, 2006 9:33 am   'Tomorrow evening' vs 'In tomorrow evening'

ESL/EFL Test #206 "Prepositions of Time and Date (4)", question 8

......... tomorrow evening, we're going to have a surprise birthday party for Mitch.

(a) (none)
(b) About
(c) In

ESL/EFL Test #206 "Prepositions of Time and Date (4)", answer 8

Tomorrow evening, we're going to have a surprise birthday party for Mitch.

Correct answer: (a) (none)
_________________________

why there are no prepositions in this sentences

Matvej
Matvej

'Tomorrow evening' vs 'In tomorrow evening' #2 (permalink) Mon May 22, 2006 10:21 am   'Tomorrow evening' vs 'In tomorrow evening'

The preposition 'in' is not used before words such as tomorrow, today or yesterday. However, the preposition is needed in time phrases like: in the evening or about noon/midnight.

'About tomorrow evening' is grammatically correct if you are not sure of the time. In the test sentence however, the date and time of the party have already been decided.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of shopliftersMeaning of "sob story"Meaning of 'he was a doormat'Meaning of 'freaky'Sentence: ... for having us you must come to us next timeWhy strode and not strayed?'by the shoulder' vs 'with/on the shoulder'Why not 'bear', 'stand' or 'bear'Is it only past simple or posibly past perfect?Meaning of "turn the volume up"Preposition at the endMeaning of 'fetch'Meaning of begged