to express excitement; to motivate
slice
enthuse
entrance
funnel

Meaning of shoplifters

Meaning of "sob story" | Why assasinated and not murdered?
Meaning of shoplifters #1 (permalink) Wed May 24, 2006 14:40 pm   Meaning of shoplifters

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #113 "Synonyms for robber and burglar", question 8

This is a new store and there are cameras all over the place to watch for ..........

(a) felons
(b) intruders
(c) shoplifters
(d) trespassers

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #113 "Synonyms for robber and burglar", answer 8

This is a new store and there are cameras all over the place to watch for shoplifters.

Correct answer: (c) shoplifters

This is a new store and there are cameras all over the place to watch for intruders.
_________________________

what does shoplifters mean?

Ketty
Ketty

Meaning of shoplifters #2 (permalink) Wed May 24, 2006 14:47 pm   Meaning of shoplifters

Hi Ketty

Here is a link to a dictionary definition:
http://dict.die.net/shoplifter/

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Idiom: "head over heels/heals"Expression: splitting hairsMeaning of: What's the matter?Don't you usually say "at weekend"?Prepositions of time (preposition IN stead of AT)Meaning of gaddingIs it right to use MISTAKE instead of FAULT?Preposition "IN": In the seventeenth century...Meaning of 'he was a doormat'Why is "do it all" here?Meaning of 'freaky'Sentence: ... for having us you must come to us next timeWhy strode and not strayed?