to stay; to abide; to continue; to go on
remain
justify
offer
design

Entrepreneurship lesson

How would you feel if you had a prostitute in your family | Another reason why English is more popular than German...
Entrepreneurship lesson #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 21, 2012 13:11 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

these days I am drowning myself in a small business. It is food business. It's really interesting to do. Instead of making money, I made a lot of new friends from my customers. Another businesses came one, two and more, like I got a job to be a translator for some clients.

What I want to share for you is that the study of doing business/entrepreneurship is really needed for many public schools today. The fact is that those schools do not give their students the entrepreneurship lessons. And the result is the more workers are created day by day. they do not create their own jobs.
[/b]
Adinn

Location: Bali

Re: Entrepreneurship lesson #2 (permalink) Wed Mar 21, 2012 16:24 pm   Re: Entrepreneurship lesson

I have no idea whether entrepreneurship can be learning rather it is a risk taking power!

Entrepreneurs are different category people, a good scorer in the university have not the necessarily a successful enterprise, at least I have no idea from the 'Fortune 500 companies' history.

Bill gates himself was the flown away student from the 'Harvard'. What I know these people make unique type of management what ultimately always makes an example.
Like, Evergreen, in Taiwan, Lee Ka Shing in HKG, Lee in Samsung, korea, Dae-woo in
Korea, etc etc, at this moment I can cite not fewer than 50 persons name except Honorable Dr. Habibie, I don't know why is he now silent! He tried for Aeronautical engineering side, latest information I have nothing.

Those are all rounder in cricket, several answered they used to grasp the bat as they feel it is easier for them! All grammars are for mediocre people like me.An entrepreneur is one kind of inventor.

They are star where all planets(all good scorer from the university, employees) are round them.

I urge you just read the biography of Ted Turner.(Owner of CNN). He was 'the man of the year' by 'the Time' in 1992.

Disclaimer:
(This writing is rudimentary or abstract type that necessarily makes no sense from time to time,Sorry for that.)
_________________
Quazi,(47) an educationist, writer, thinker,& humanist for over 30 years.
Minhajquazi

Location: Dhaka

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Entrepreneurship lesson #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:17 am   Entrepreneurship lesson

Dear Mr. Adinn.

In business we fight.
There are two major ways to win a fight.

1. Fight first and learn the techniques later. ( All these, strategies, tactics things )
2. Or, learn the techniques first then fight.

I find most Masters fight first.

Most Business Tycoons makes themselves rich first through a lot of deadly fights. And buy 10 MBA tickets and stick them on their walls. Brilliant?

If you take 2nd options, you may be even too old to walk when you come out of Harvard with an A grade MBA. And start to work as a clerk for one of your friends.

An MBA clerk sounds nice?

In your case I believe you are on the right path.

Just be very careful not to overestimate yourself. Once you've started to overestimate yourself you've already ended yourself.

Your archenemy is you, yourself.

( I'm not teaching you. I'm just saying some things I've experienced. )

kind regards.

P.S- I have three MBWA Mangaging Business by Walking Around tickets since 1986.
I can write my own Business Management Book. But I didn't. Since I don't want to make myself and others penniless.lol.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Entrepreneurship lesson #4 (permalink) Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 am   Entrepreneurship lesson

I do agree with you Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin. Mostly the masters fight first to win.
To start a business, we must fight ourselves, especially fight the mental. or for me it is the mindset. Many people just think how to find a job (a good one) but only few create the job.

One more thing I learn from business is that we must put also the spiritual lesson very close to our business otherwise we fall deep into failure. overestimating ourselves is one of the failures I am afraid of. But, Once, I believe that I still put the good lesson about religion in my business, I won't have any idea for overestimating myself too high. (thanks for remind me, anyway)

for Minhajquazi: if you say it is like a risk taking power, and I am sure you're right. In my opinion, it is also the study of risk management. When someone fail in his business and it does not fail actually. Here, he learns why he is not in the right way and he learns about it and he will never make the same mistake anymore. Always there is another lesson in the failure one makes and we have to be able to find it.

Thanks for the biography of Ted Turner you offer, I am going to read it. I love reading the biography of successfull people. I got a lot of things I never know before. Robert T. Kiyosaki is the one that inspired me very much for my business.

best regard,
adinn
Adinn

Location: Bali

Entrepreneurship lesson #5 (permalink) Thu Mar 22, 2012 14:26 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

Thank you. Mr. Adinn.

I would like to recommend Lee Iacocca's Biography. He is a great fighter. I learnt knowingly or unkowingly things from him by reading his biography when I was young.

**Lido Anthony "Lee" Iacocca (play /ˌaɪ.əˈkoʊkə/ EYE-ə-KOH-kə; born October 15, 1924) is an American businessman known for engineering the Mustang, the unsuccessful Ford Pinto, being fired from Ford Motor Company, and his revival of the Chrysler Corporation in the 1980s.

He served as President and CEO of Chrysler from 1978 and additionally as chairman from 1979, until his retirement at the end of 1992.

One of the most famous business people in the world, Iacocca was a passionate advocate of U.S. business exports during the 1980s.
He is the author (or co-author) of several books, including Iacocca: An Autobiography (with William Novak), and Where Have All the Leaders Gone?**

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Entrepreneurship lesson #6 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 15:39 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

One reason many people can't be entrepreneurs is that they have no concept of basic human dignity. They believe that their dignity is based on their social position and wealth, so if they lose those, they think they have lost their worth as a human.

Entrepreneurs typically don't connect human dignity with wealth and position. If they lose everything, they know they still have their basic worth as a human being, which they can never lose. This is why they can take risks. They know that even if they lose all their money, and their social position, they can never lose everything.

Entrepreneurship lesson #7 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 15:53 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

I really can appreciate it Jamie K.
So good of a thought.

kind regards.

P/S I lost everything money, dignity and even risked my own life, once I saved some 50 people giving jobs and elevating their dignities which they thought were long gone. Still I only regret I can't help them now. I'm really happy to save these people up to the level of my own life. It really feels great. it's not like simply paying salary niggardly. ( Just an experience, not a pride at all )

*Oh my trusted friend stabbed at my back. One of the lessons of life.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Entrepreneurship lesson #8 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 16:15 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

Well, I wanna learn a lot from you all. I hope we My wife and I) will never see such a difficult time in our business. We are so optimistic about this. My wife is gonna quit being employee after 10 years more. She was in the middle of the way, but after I explained all about being doing business for ourselves and following some advice from the real entrepreneurs, she, now understand. And I am happy for this. I need your advice too my friends.

regards
Adinn

Location: Bali

Entrepreneurship lesson #9 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 16:21 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

Good luck to you, Adinn! I'm sure entrepreneurship will be spiritually rewarding to you, and I hope it will be financially rewarding also.

Entrepreneurship lesson #10 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 16:32 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

Dear Adinn,

I wish you to be prosperous and meet your hopes and expectations.

Please remember, don't forget the poor people when you are rich.

And please treat the people like the people and win their hearts. ( I learnt this from the management gurus and I did follow it. )

kind regards.

I don't have anything to teach you since you are the Man now. All the best!
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Entrepreneurship lesson #11 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 18:38 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

ENTREPRENEURSHİP LESSON

Entrepreneurship is learned in life.We can just learn to precodures and associations which provides support in the school.

To be a successful entrepreneur ,We need to be opportunistic and have networking.

İn addition,to have leadership feature contributes us in this process.

More specifically,there was no any tourism newspaper in the city where I live in previous years.

I realized this opportunity and I had attempted to publish a new tourism newspaper.

One onether example,You have a product to sell.But you couldn't market it in your country.

You can market your product in consumer market of other countries.

İn this context,you must be brave to take risk.

At the same time,Feasibility study and researching market are necessary to being successful of

companies.Good luck to you all.Kindly regards.
Umutejder

Location: Canakkale, Turkey

Entrepreneurship lesson #12 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 19:15 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

Addin,

Gorbachev once said, ''If you want to show the light other, you have to be burnt first".

An entrepreneur is a burnt one person.

I left banking service, avoided the civil service too, to be an entrepreneur but when I understand where does my problem lie to be a successful entrepreneur? I realized it is my 19 years formal education that is the main bar!

An entrepreneur just learns from the practical matter not from the book or academic classes!

British Petroleum(one of the 500 Fortune co.s) used to publish an ad, like------
"In business and in politics what you know don't matter, but whom you know it is the matter".

One day I just told it in one of "Merchandising course" classes as an honorable lecturer, an rtd Colonel was present as a client at this class, from next day he was absent till now. Later he told me, "you just opened my eyes in one class, I am now an owner of big garment industry in Bangladesh!

My curiosity was why did he absent since then? He answered me!

(This writing is rudiments or abstract type that necessarily makes no sense from time to time,Sorry for that.)
_________________
Minhajquazi

Location: Dhaka

Entrepreneurship lesson #13 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 19:25 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

You can't say that formal learning is useless for entrepreneurs. They have to know a lot of things that are faster learned in accounting classes, marketing classes, etc. However, all these things need to be applied.

Also, most entrepreneurs read a lot, on many different subjects. This is how they get to know the world and its opportunities.

Entrepreneurship lesson #14 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 19:45 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

James they learn but not from the academic classes.

Please show me just one of Phd holder who is the owner of Fortune 500 co.s listed!

These are at least advisers, nothing else! I am not demean them but reality is that.
Several researches have done about, those are intelligent guys are they successful
entrepreneurs? Answers, no.

Only mediocre caliber people have that chances more, because they can take risk and their risk taking capability is more rather intelligent guys! It is a stunt news too!.

Please see the "Readers digest" issue in one of 12 issues in 1991

_________________
Minhajquazi

Location: Dhaka

Entrepreneurship lesson #15 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 19:55 pm   Entrepreneurship lesson

I didn't say they went all the way to their PhD, or all the way to their master's degree, or even all the way to to their bachelor's degree. They take academic classes when they need the skills taught in them to remedy a gap in their knowledge.

Anyway, you would have a hard time finding any individual person who is the owner of a Fortune 500 company, because most companies in the Fortune 500 are owned by millions of shareholders, not by one person.

In the US there are quite a few successful entrepreneurs with PhDs, by the way.

All in One!cross-culturalWhat do you do during and after finish your work?Short discussion about making a planHow do you normally make your buying decisions.What do we actually buy?Good news...How about a bit of Madonna!Is British English being Americanized?Sports caption competition winnersAndante, ABBA and Frida.Peroxide BlondeWashnuts