inferior; of secondary importance; under the authority of another
precise
collectible
adamant
subordinate

Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Anyone seen The Gashole? | Do you read a newspaper?
Andante, ABBA and Frida. #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:29 am   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Dear Friends,

I love ABBA. I love Andante by Frida. So, nice to know a bit about her.

**Anni-Frid, Princess Reuss, Countess of Plauen (German: Anni-Frid Prinzessin Reuss von Plauen) (born Anni-Frid Synni Lyngstad, 15 November 1945 in Bjørkåsen, Ballangen, Norway), widely known as Frida Lyngstad, is a Norwegian-born Swedish pop singer.

She was one of the four members of Swedish group ABBA. Born in Norway to a Norwegian mother and a German father, she grew up in Sweden, and has been a resident of Switzerland since 1986.**

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Andante, ABBA and Frida. #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:25 am   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

ABBA is one of the most influential bands ever, other than The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and Rush, etc. What's really special is that as a Scandinavian band, ABBA became not only internationally successful, but so extremely famous that it became a household name. That is quite an accomplishment, considering that in those days, England and America were leading the music scene (they still do, but not to such an extend anymore). I like underground music, and many of these bands pay tribute to ABBA. They started out as a pop rock band, but later jumped on the Disco bandwagon. Too bad. Disco was a short-lived phenomena, a fad. By the way, the guys were always arguing which of the gals is prettier: Anni-Frid or Agnetha, lol.

Claudia
Cgk

Location: Franconia, Germany, Illinois, USA

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Re: Andante, ABBA and Frida. #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 am   Re: Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Hey, Lwin,

Why not the

Rasputin or By the river of Babylon(Bony M), Lover boy,(Dona Sumner),All the time you go away(Pink Floyd), Carlos whispering by whams or Leonel Rich's ------?
_________________
Quazi,(47) an educationist, writer, thinker,& humanist for over 30 years.
Minhajquazi

Location: Dhaka

Andante, ABBA and Frida. #4 (permalink) Thu Mar 22, 2012 13:16 pm   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Dear Mr. Minhajquazi,

You're telling me.
You know another brick in the wall by Pink Floyd?

**We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone **

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Andante, ABBA and Frida. #5 (permalink) Fri Mar 23, 2012 22:11 pm   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Hello Mr. Kyaw,

It's very true what you quoted from the Pink Floyd

Let me finish it. I like with its end. I think it very important. It's title: Another Brick in the Wall

"We don't need no education
We dont need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall."

All in all we are just another brick in the wall! The first four lines reminds me Orwel: Animal Farm

Regards:
_________________

Andante, ABBA and Frida. #6 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:50 am   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Yes, my lady I know you would like it. You are a Libran.

It's just a matter of some decades, yet it's changed a lot of human things worse of better. Simply irredeeamable.

kind regards.

Have you ever read Burmese Days by Orwell?
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Andante, ABBA and Frida. #7 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:30 am   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Hello Mr. Kyaw,

I didn't read Burmese Days by Orwell. Now you are the first who mention this book to me.
I think it isn't translated into Hungarian, but I will read it in English.

Many thanks:
_________________

Andante, ABBA and Frida. #8 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 am   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Be ready. You are going to see into a miserable nation.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Andante, ABBA and Frida. #9 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:03 am   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Hello Mr. Kyaw,

Don't make me sad. I found out- for myself - there are lot of miserable nations. Everybody is able to see the irredeemable blunders of his/her nation. I learned this "wisdom" here on this course.

Kind regards:
_________________

Andante, ABBA and Frida. #10 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 15:41 pm   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Pardon me my lady.

I just over love my nation. A Ruby in the Mud. So they say nothing with a prefix "over is positive. e.g overestimate, overzealous etc.,

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Andante, ABBA and Frida. #11 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 15:54 pm   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Hello Mr. Kyaw,

You made me laugh. It's very good: "A ruby in the Mud " and the over love also. You are right the prefix is positive we can't say only in this way we over love our nation....

Regards:
_________________

Andante, ABBA and Frida. #12 (permalink) Sat Mar 24, 2012 15:56 pm   Andante, ABBA and Frida.

Thank you my lady. You're always charming.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

All in One!cross-culturalShort discussion about making a planWhat do we actually buy?Good news...How about a bit of Madonna!Is British English being Americanized?Sports caption competition winnersPhantasmagoriaPeroxide BlondeEntrepreneurship lessonWould you defect?Homer sometimes nods?