existing independently; real; tangible
incentive
empty
continuous
substantive

Specialised Education

How can we improve our speaking | If we stand 23.5 degree tilted?
Specialised Education #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:08 pm   Specialised Education

9 years ago, I started an MA programme to attain a master's degree in linguistics, teaching and philosophy. I completed this 2 years later, so just 7 years ago. Thing is, these day I have trouble remembering even the title of my final thesis. It really feels like all my 'specialist education' has evaporated into thin air.

Any kindred spirits out there?
_________________
Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL Preparation & TOEFL Vocabulary
Learn more: How to Become an English Teacher
Ralf
Ralf Breheny

Location: the world

Re: Specialised Education #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 27, 2012 14:57 pm   Re: Specialised Education

It could have happened when a student didn't like his subject. Another way it can be occurred, as a person has no using of his previous subject in the practical work.

It is interesting I can still remember my master's thesis title in 1991, it was 'The Real estate business in Bangladesh'.

Yes, It was true, the subject I had placed to our supervisor professor who gladly accepted this theme after discussion with my other 9 team members.

I think a business subject should have included with core Psychology subject that branch's subject is "Buyer behavior". We had that too, as I am interested about the Psychology so that I can still remember people's tendency is to forget boring matters!

That is why today's management is more cautious how to make enchanting a subject towards the students where a successful enterprise is stand on, etc.
_________________
Quazi,(47) an educationist, writer, thinker,& humanist for over 30 years.
Minhajquazi

Location: Dhaka

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Specialised Education #3 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 am   Specialised Education

Hi Ralf, I think nowadays in addition to formal education you need a lot of skills that help you navigate through the maze of information available. It's important to be able to share ideas and collaborate with people from around the world. This is something traditional universities don't normally teach you.

There isn't any subject you can study outside of a brick and mortar university today. All you need is a goal. What do you want to know, learn and achieve?

So the question is, why exactly did you obtain this university degree? How has it helped you live a better life?

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the student try to do with his next essay?
_________________
Test Of English for International Communication
TOEIC Preparation & TOEIC Vocabulary

Specialised Education #4 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:03 am   Specialised Education

Mr. Ralf,

If I were you I would do some meaningful NGO activities and travel around the world apart from a monotonous paid job. It can give you new and involving environments and bring you to a new world.

Happiness is a beauty of earth.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Specialised Education #5 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 13:03 pm   Specialised Education

Torsten wrote:

Indeed. I have always have goals, but they keep changing :)

Quite the opposite. The moment I graduated, my life became complicated. From one day to the next, those placid days of reading and busy nights of drinking turned into abject normality. Bills kept popping up wherever I looked, and I found myself rising to the sound of my alarm clock at the most obscene times. I left my home in the wee hours of the morning, only to return again to a flat (which cost me an arm and a leg) just before the sun set. I did this for a period of 7 years, until one morning I asked myself the muppet question.
_________________
Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL Preparation & TOEFL Vocabulary
Ralf
Ralf Breheny

Location: the world

Specialised Education #6 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 13:06 pm   Specialised Education

Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin wrote:

You are a wise man, Mr Kyaw. At the moment I'm trying to get around the 'monotonous job' situation, and I'm rediscovering my roots (poverty&interests). One day I'll get back to travelling the 7 seas, and until then I shall spread what you called
Happiness is a beauty of earth.

_________________
Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL Preparation & TOEFL Vocabulary
Ralf
Ralf Breheny

Location: the world

Specialised Education #7 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 13:17 pm   Specialised Education

Thank you Mr. Ralf.

You are a highly educated and experienced person and I believe you'll find happier days.

kind regards.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

Specialised Education #8 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 13:54 pm   Specialised Education

I think that occurred because we have been taught incorrectly. Since we started education we have taught to learn in order to remember and memorize everything we learnt. After university we are supposed to have a lot of information which we have to know not to memorize. When we studied for our master we should be taught or known kinds of information we are supposed to know and others which we should read it every single time we need them. During our education years, there is no one teacher who taught us how to think and how to deal with that wide range of information. We haven't been taught or taught ourselves to prioritize kinds of information and how to deal cleverly with these information. So, until know we feel sorry towards information we learnt and forgot.

May be you don't believe me, I'm thinking everyday of information I have to know them and until now I don't know what I'm supposed to know but I'm struggling to get back to my old books to activate my basis.

On the other hand -especially in my case- having bad memories related to my thesis makes me hating it and trying to forget it and learning new information and pursuing new master in another field.

Finally, this issue makes me very sad and frustrated.
Lmn_Dreem

Specialised Education #9 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 14:19 pm   Specialised Education

Lmn_Dreem wrote:

True, true, and true. Those who learn how to weed information and ignore the irrelevant part (but still do enough to master it) are able to pave their own path through the thicket of detail, and ultimately make use of what they need to master their lives.

Don't be. I've always seen it as a means to an end, a necessary evil. In our society people take a degree as a leverage to catapult you into a job. A friend of mine has a master in translating French and German, and all his first boss was interested in was that he had a degree. Now he is an IT consultant.

Most degrees pose more of a character-building experience than a way to prepare for a profession.
_________________
Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL Preparation & TOEFL Vocabulary
Ralf
Ralf Breheny

Location: the world

Specialised Education #10 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 14:42 pm   Specialised Education

Which leads us to the question of how to earn a living. Most people are employed holding jobs they are rarely satisfied with because they don't feel they can make the best of their potential. Then, there are some people who work as free lancers or are self-employed. They enjoy a greater level of personal and financial freedom but they still need to trade their time for money. This means, their income stops as soon as they stop working. Finally, there is a small group of people who create systems, products or services that generate value multiple times. Those are the ones who use their talents and skills in the most efficient way. They have learned that formal education primarily serves to satisfy your boss.

TOEFL listening discussions: How is the young woman financing her education?

Specialised Education #11 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 15:24 pm   Specialised Education

Why specialized education?

If you don't feel any happiness from your job, it must hamper negatively on your personal life. That is why, modern management is more conscious in the "Organizational behavior". That came by the USA..

People say there are now two types of Managements in the world, USA vs. Japanese. In a practical organizational life, the USA is much faster than Japanese management system and the USA type is really unique as they have been expending billion and billion dollars for R&D.(Research and development) in every year than any other single country.Even many Management related people are not aware that Casio, Hitachi, NCC many famous brands technology(franchise license) is from the USA!

Their system is unique because any 'big organization' can now check it's "Health" by Management consultants before faces bankruptcy as capitalistic systems, it is a simple pitfall where no organization is safe, specially when it is more depended on online! Because all big companies are now involved with "Relationship marketing".*where "Emotional labor"* is stressed too.

Within two days, media may play a devastated role for any bigger company as all are wired with internet, where the best precaution is we needed specialized education, I mean ' interactive agency' type management where all other types of specialists(Engineers, Finance adviser even Teachers and Philosophers) will be packed by them. The question over there which we have been discussing by this time.

*Management and Marketing terminology.
(I am in debt here, The Executive Digest, The Fortune, The Organizational behavior(Kieth Davis), Marketing management by Philip Kotler, Monash University's Marketing terminology, Personnel Management by Charring ton and Odesk.com etc)
_________________
Minhajquazi

Location: Dhaka

Specialised Education #12 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 18:46 pm   Specialised Education

Hi Minhajquazi,

It's great to see you write with more care. The only thing I didn't really get was the paragraph that I quoted.
Minhajquazi wrote:

Did you want to say that since information is readily available through the internet, specialised information is easy to get hold of by a company's management?
_________________
Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL Preparation & TOEFL Vocabulary
Ralf
Ralf Breheny

Location: the world

Specialised Education #13 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2012 20:49 pm   Specialised Education

Don't worry, Ralf. I can't remember anything. That's why I have a humongous bookshelf behind my desk. Whenever I introduce myself to a visitor, I say, "Hello, I'm Claudia Kukulka . . ." then I point at the wall of books, ". . . and that's my brain." ;-)

Claudia
Cgk

Location: Franconia, Germany, Illinois, USA

Specialised Education #14 (permalink) Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 am   Specialised Education

I almost got to understand what you meant. Thanks.

Answer is Yes/No.

Yes, because people whose morale liability is not strong they are ready to heck you.
No, There are a lot of ethical persons everywhere they will not allow them, clear?

Rival Corporate intelligent competitiveness is much more active now rather any time in the past. They are searching the defects of their rivals, which sometimes make an association with the media, result is obvious.

You might have seen what happened by Apple in Australia last few days.
_________________
Minhajquazi

Location: Dhaka

Specialised Education #15 (permalink) Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:42 am   Specialised Education

Minhajquazi - to be perfectly honest with you, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Minhajquazi wrote:

Understand what I meant by what exactly?

Minhajquazi wrote:
Answer is Yes/No.

The answer to what?

Minhajquazi wrote:

No, nothing is clear. What are you referring to here?

Minhajquazi wrote:

What's its relevance to specialised education?

Minhajquazi wrote:

Have I seen what happened to Apple in Australia? No, I haven't. Please do elucidate what happened, and do tell how this relates to the topic.
_________________
Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL Preparation & TOEFL Vocabulary
Ralf
Ralf Breheny

Location: the world

ABHAI fancy to be a Mililtary Intelligence.the sentence true or falsehelpAnyone familiar with the test called G-TELPWie gut verstehen Sie Muttersprachler?Double Jeopardy?Specialised Education, page 2All in One!cross-culturalWhat do you do during and after finish your work?Do you manage your time effectively?How do you normally make your buying decisions.