to give a mark to; to classify; to make level; to evaluate; to assess
grade
fleet
volunteer
fail

about "to tell about"

"Within seconds" vs "Without seconds" | Difference between guilty and gilded
about "to tell about" #1 (permalink) Thu May 03, 2012 6:46 am   about "to tell about"

I have got a question about “to tell about”. I like tests where the task is to find an extra word, that is, to find a word which shouldn’t be there. Though I like them, I’m afraid, I am not much a success in them. At least one mistake among fifteen usually remains uncorrected.. Below there are two sentences from two different tests from the same book. According to the key the first sentence IS correct, while the second contains an extra word ABOUT. In my opinion there is the same expression in these sentences: to tell somebody about something. However, such keys cannot be wrong. Could you explain to me what the matter is in here?

I would like you to tell me about how to organise an exchange.

Nobody could tell us about how to avoid them.

With best wishes,
Dmitry

I thank the co-founders of the site for helpful explanations!
Madian

I need you to pick me up at 4:30 pmMeaning of 'doing our planet some good'?Meaning of 'upon fifteen (15) days prior written notice'???to mail in our store receipt???which one is the best english?Test incompl/elem-191, Question 4Is the comma correct here?more mobile societythe turbulance and noise of the boats.Test incompl/elem-177, Question 7has been developed vs. has been developingWhat are synonyms to 'quiet'?Difference between a journey, trip, tour