Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to plan; to mean; to have in mind do or accomplish; to designate for a particular purpose
attire
code
intend
title
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What are synonyms to 'quiet'? | Why would doesn't fit here?
listening exercises
Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'? #1 (permalink) Sun May 06, 2012 11:39 am   Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'?

Please explain the meaning of these two sentence:
1. Earn rewards for saving energy and doing our planet some good
2. Raise your central A/Cs thermostat setting four to six degrees from where you usually have it set.
Galilom2002
I'm here quite often ;-)

Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'? #2 (permalink) Sun May 06, 2012 12:17 pm   Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'?

1. If you follow their energy saving advice, then as well as the benefits that this brings you (in terms of your bill costs) you will also reduce pollution on the earth and you will be able to get rewards through their award point scheme.
2. Your thermostat controls the amount of heat/hot water the boiler gives. You should adjust this temperature upwards by somewhere between 4 and 6 degrees from normal... so if your boiler is set at 20 degrees, you should adjust it so that it is set at between 24 and 26 degrees.
Language Coach

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'? #3 (permalink) Sun May 06, 2012 12:31 pm   Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'?

Many thanks, BN.
Please help with another sentence!
Set your room A/C on low or use a fan instead.
I don't understand the phrase "on low" in the above sentence.
Galilom2002
I'm here quite often ;-)

Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'? #4 (permalink) Sun May 06, 2012 14:19 pm   Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'?

Set the air conditioner at a low temperature.
Language Coach

What are synonyms to 'quiet'? | Why would doesn't fit here?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'?I need you to pick me up at 4:30 pmMeaning of 'upon fifteen (15) days prior written notice'???about "to tell about"to mail in our store receipt???Is the comma correct here?more mobile societyAshes to ashesthe turbulance and noise of the boats.has been developed vs. has been developing"Within seconds" vs "Without seconds"Difference between a journey, trip, tourPhrasal verb: turn up