to start; to run; to activate; to inaugurate; to break into
firm
perceive
launch
assure

Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'?

How do we use the articles in the English language? | head or heads?
Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'? #1 (permalink) Fri May 11, 2012 5:55 am   Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'?

Call us at any time to arrange a payment plan if your account is past due. You can also inquire about the Level Payment Plan, which allows you to pay a similar amount each month based on your projected use.

Please help me with the meaning of the bold sentence in the above paragraph.

Many thanks!
Galilom2002

Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'? #2 (permalink) Fri May 11, 2012 7:51 am   Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'?

It's not written very well, but personally I would interpret that as meaning '... if your account is in arrears'.
'Past due' appears to mean 'due at some time in the past' - so it is saying that if you were due to have made a payment in the past which you did not make (so your account is not up to date) then you should call them.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'? #3 (permalink) Fri May 11, 2012 8:29 am   Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'?

If extreme heat poses a health risk for anyone in your home and your living space must be kept at a constant temperature, sign up for advance notification phone calls about state-directed rotating outages from the Temperature Sensitive program.

Thanks BN, would you please explain me the meaning of 'state-directed' in the above sentence.
Galilom2002

Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'? #4 (permalink) Fri May 11, 2012 8:37 am   Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'?

Presumably, about any power outages planned in advance by the company. Again, it's poorly written and that is just an educated guess based on inference.
_________________

Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'? #5 (permalink) Fri May 11, 2012 9:26 am   Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'?

Another question, please help with the meaning of the phrase 'come mark range dials' in the sentence shown below, thank you so much!
For customers with limited vision, an SDG&E service technician can come mark range dials and thermostats to make them easier to use.
Galilom2002

Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'? #6 (permalink) Fri May 11, 2012 10:21 am   Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'?

I presume that should be 'can come to your home/workplace and mark the correct range on the dials and thermostats'.
_________________

My favorite and least favorite school subjectTest incompl/advan-875, User's Answer 8Jekyll and Hydeidiom: until the fat lady singsTest incompl/advan-522, Question 7I need you to pick me up at 4:30 pmMeaning of 'doing our planet some good'?Ashes to ashesthe turbulance and noise of the boats.like to watch vs. like watchinghas been developed vs. has been developingwhy we don't use to quit?Difference between possibly and probably