to work together; to cooperate
obtain
collaborate
compel
care

Test incompl/advan-522, Question 7

head or heads? | idiom: until the fat lady sings
Test incompl/advan-522, Question 7 #1 (permalink) Sat May 12, 2012 10:24 am   Test incompl/advan-522, Question 7

"Through the hard work of employees like yourselves, this company has been in the tall ......... for several years now. However, with the constant advances in technology, our hold on the market is more tenuous than we'd like. We ask that you commit yourselves fully to new developments and study the competition's tactics in detail," the CEO said from the plasma screen.

(a) tales
(b) stature
(c) fixtures
(d) cotton

"Through the hard work of employees like yourselves, this company has been in the tall cotton for several years now. However, with the constant advances in technology, our hold on the market is more tenuous than we'd like. We ask that you commit yourselves fully to new developments and study the competition's tactics in detail," the CEO said from the plasma screen.

Correct answer: (d) cotton
_________________________

Hello Sirs, I tried to look up this expression in the dic. But i couldn't find it . Is it a new expression and is it common in the business field.I want to thank in advance for answering my question.The expression is "in the tall cotton"
Lucas Tun

Test incompl/advan-522, Question 7 #2 (permalink) Sat May 12, 2012 11:03 am   Test incompl/advan-522, Question 7

Hello Lucas Tun,

It is a new expression on me, though I am a native English speaker. I like in the UK so perhaps it is more common in the US. Perhaps someone from the US would care to comment on that?
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
My favorite and least favorite school subjectTest incompl/advan-875, User's Answer 8Jekyll and HydeMeaning of 'Past Due Accounts'?I need you to pick me up at 4:30 pmAshes to ashesthe turbulance and noise of the boats.like to watch vs. like watchinghas been developed vs. has been developingwhy we don't use to quit?Difference between possibly and probablyPlease explain this phrase: "What makes you say that, madam?"Using: others, other, anothes