important; consequential; meaningful; having meaning; of a considerable amount
inclusive
present
quality
significant

now they vs. they now

Please explain this phrase: "What makes you say that, madam?" | Difference between deflated and depressed
now they vs. they now #1 (permalink) Sat May 19, 2012 20:43 pm   now they vs. they now

"That company used to make such good tools but they have gone from the sublime to the .......... The tools used to last for years but they now break within a job or to," Steve told the new employee.

(a) asinine
(b) ridiculous
(c) mundane
(d) crass

"That company used to make such good tools but they have gone from the sublime to the ridiculous. The tools used to last for years but they now break within a job or to," Steve told the new employee.

Correct answer: (b) ridiculous

_________________________

Firstly, i guess we have a spelling error here, i.e to is two, Secondly,

The tools used to last for years, but "they now" or 'Now they", which is appropriate, your help is appreciated.
Vara

now they vs. they now #2 (permalink) Sat May 19, 2012 21:36 pm   now they vs. they now

The final word should be 'two'.

Booth 'they now' and 'now they' can be used without a change in meaning, depending on what you wish to emphasise.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
curb appealon walk-ins and reach-ins???proof reading on Weather. Pls check. Thanksmeaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.My favorite and least favorite school subjectTest incompl/advan-875, User's Answer 8Jekyll and Hydeidiom: until the fat lady singslike to watch vs. like watchingWhat is a recliner?why we don't use to quit?What does the expression "find the way out" mean?looking up information