still; fixed in place; static; settled; tending to stay in one place
routine
extraordinary
unauthorized
stationary

meaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.

looking up information | on walk-ins and reach-ins???
meaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust. #1 (permalink) Mon May 21, 2012 14:49 pm   meaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.

Of the rest, hard non-combustibles (metals and glass) each make up another 10 per cent, and ‘putrescibles’, such as potato peelings and cabbage stalks, account for 20 per cent, although this proportion is decreasing as people eat more pre-prepared foods. The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.

Could someone explain "The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust." here?
Buugua

Location: Taiwan

meaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust. #2 (permalink) Mon May 21, 2012 21:47 pm   meaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.

I would guess that they mean 'the final percentage' (the remaining amount, as yet unexplained) ifs 'fines'. 'Fines' is the name given to the dust of a miscellaneous nature that is left.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust. #3 (permalink) Tue May 22, 2012 5:40 am   meaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.

thanks a lot :)
Buugua

Location: Taiwan

File up an application forcurb appealproof reading on Weather. Pls check. Thanksnow they vs. they nowlike to watch vs. like watchingWhat is a recliner?why we don't use to quit?How long does the title search take?What does the expression "find the way out" mean?"expand on" versus "spread out"Difference between possibly and probablyPlease explain this phrase: "What makes you say that, madam?"Using: others, other, anothes