postponement; hindrance; hold-up; stopping; lingering
wealth
fixture
order
delay

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Do you like talking to foreign people who are learning English? | May 31: Today Is World No Tobacco Day
You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #1 (permalink) Fri May 25, 2012 19:37 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

I will see you by court battle unless you stop your rubbish talking and slandering.
My allegation is you people teaching English wrong ways.

MinhajQuazi
B.Com(Hons)M.Com(DU), LL.B(NU)
Advocate Omar Faruque & Associates
The Supreme court of Bangladesh.
_________________
Quazi,(47) an educationist, writer, thinker,& humanist for over 30 years.
Minhajquazi

Location: Dhaka

Re: You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #2 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2012 19:44 pm   Re: You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

It seems every time I pay a brief visit nowadays there is always another one who has managed to get out of his strait-jacket.
Good luck with this one guys !

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #3 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2012 19:49 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Nice to see you, Kitos!
(in or out of your own straitjacket!)
_________________

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #4 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2012 19:55 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Thanks Bev. I am surprised that guys like this one haven't pushed you over the edge. LOL.

_________________

Re: You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #5 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2012 20:09 pm   Re: You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Kitosdad wrote:
Good luck with this one guys !

C'mon, cut the guy some slack, English isn't his first language. Maybe he meant it in a good way (I think it's high time we got an interpreter for Mr Minhajquazi).
We, non-natives, can't be held to account for our words, because English isn't our native language - it could turn out that we meant something else.
_________________

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #6 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2012 20:34 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Mr.MinhajQuazi
I don't really understand why all this rage!
Suppose there is a mistake in any part,is this the supposed way to deal with it?
You'd better discuss it calmly instead of insulting people_I don't have any interest to say that_ I just witness the truth which is that this site is one of the best English sites I've ever visited since I began to develop my English,they do never teach English wrongly at all,I've seen the link of the subject you posted,I am not sure of the correct answer but even if it were wrong ,this doesn't mean to slay people for making mistakes,I am a teacher and I do many mistakes while teaching my students but this didn't make my senior to fire me because I made a mistake, though it was embarrassing one which no 5 years old child may do it, but this doesn't mean that am bad teacher or I should not be teaching kids, we shouldn't deal with mistakes like that and we should take excuses for each others..Sorry but it was too rude of you to deal like that .
Sarabella

Location: Egypt

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #7 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2012 21:26 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Hello Kytos,

I am very happy to read your letter and you taught me a new word "strait-jacket". In Hungarian I know very well this word but in English I never saw it.

I am very happy to see you. I hope you are in good health.

TAKE CARE:
_________________

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #8 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 8:35 am   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Good morning Kati. I am keeping well and enjoying glorious weather here in Germany.

I feel that the PUPIL Quazi overlooks the fact that this is a free site and in my opinion the best one on the Internet.
I also think that he owes Bev a sincere apology. She is a fully qualified teacher of many years standing. How dare he, a non-native speaker, raise doubt as to her qualification!
The teachers here do a damned fine job and hundreds of students, who are now in universities and colleges around the world, owe their success to the teachings they recieved on this wonderful FREE site.
Shame on you Quazi .
The tolerance of Bev,Torsten & Alan of your childish outbursts show them to be intelligent, tolerant teachers. Shame on you!

_________________

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #9 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 10:23 am   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Hello Kytos,

I restrained myself to read this person's letter. I didn't want to set my nerves on edge. I know only what I had read from other's letter. You are right it would be the minimum to demand a sincere apology for what he had written.

Can I ask something? The last sentence seems to me that you reprimanded me also. Or am I mistaken?

If you really reprimanded me also, please tell me its reason. I know that I am not native that's why I express myself ambiguously so I caused already problems to myself. I know that on my mother tongue I can clear up the misunderstandings. I never wanted to hurt anybody but when it happened something what was opposite of the fact what I knew, I asked how it was, as I did in my whole life.

I am very happy to hear that you are keeping well and enjoying life.

Regards:
_________________

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #10 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 12:33 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

My dear Kati, I would not dream of ever repremanding you. My remarks were intended only for Quazi. I'm sorry if you read something into my posting which was never intended.

Your friend, always ... Kitos.
_________________

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #11 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 16:27 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

The interesting thing is that Quazi can't even put one single sentence together without a multitude of grammar mistakes. He even has an error in his signature, a fact he stubbornly keeps ignoring.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which is a characteristic of realistic landscape paintings?

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #12 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 16:57 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Dear Kytos,

Many thanks for your comforting reply. I thought that I had misunderstood something. But if I don't ask you, it would be praying on my mind.

I missed your letters and poems. To tell the truth I was anxious about your health. You told not once that you were smoking. My husband was a chain-smoker (75-80 cigarettes a day) and he enjoyed smoking very much. Unfortunately he had to stop smoking because he got an illness which is called the smoker's illness. Its name: COPD. He paid the price for his smoking.

Take care of yourself.

Best regards:
_________________

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #13 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 18:48 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

It runs the gauntlet, well, I am on the good or bad book! It seems some abettors have
gathered here except Sarabella!

Mr. Kitos, just one thing, do you claim English grammar is your sole property? Doesn't it come from Latin and German?Why do you want to insult to your own people?

When Socrates was preaching where do you people live in ? In the cave, didn't it?Indian
and Chinese were in that time in a good shape!
So, without knowing much knowledge don't preach me, it had better "oil your own machine" please, as you are for a while in a rut.Is this not tit for tat? Who the hell are you? President of the USA? oh! I make apology my man! Forgive me.

You the some people sometime teaching English wrong ways with conscious mind and intentionally, I can proof them.

I just tried to imply them here.
_________________
Minhajquazi

Location: Dhaka

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #14 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 19:03 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Quazi, it's very difficult to follow your gibberish which consists of English words but doesn't make much sense if any at all. For example, what does 'you the same people' mean? Do you mean 'you, the same people' or 'some of you'? And what do you mean by 'I just tried to imply them here'? Also, even your signature contains a very common grammar error. This says a lot about the level of your English.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor on the possibility of life on Mars

You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten! #15 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 20:25 pm   You are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!

Hi Torsten,

I tried to post a video of a British comedian who some years ago used mangled English to comic effect but it was cancelled. The comedian called himself Professor Stanley Unwin. He was a retired BBC studio engineer who after years of having to sit in a recording studio listening to people droning on, decided to have a bit of fun and made a second career talking garbage. It is well worth looking him up on Google (video) as you may find there is a great similarity with the English used by our friend mentioned above.

_________________

English is Gold, so ETN is Gold?Was/Were born vs. Are bornAre You Planning to move to U.S/Canada for higher studies or businessIs Cleopatra Egytian?Please help me about this situation.When you happen to do business,When you happen to think, you are big.suppose that you are stuck in a bad situationHello.everyone~I have a question .EurovisionYou are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!, page 2Help each other to learn fasterChinese Dragon