sending of cargo or freight
concrete
shipment
expertise
nomination

Time to or Time for?

Homewards in everyday conversation | Everyday, Everybody, Everyone etc
Time to or Time for? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 04, 2006 16:22 pm   Time to or Time for?

What is better?

1- I need some time -----myself. ( to/ for)

Time to or Time for? #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 04, 2006 17:16 pm   Time to or Time for?

Hi Tom

I'd probably say "I need some time to myself". But I think you can use either "to" or "for" in your sentence.

My personal feeling is:
- Using the word "to" indicates "time alone".
- Using the word "for" could also indicate "alone", but not necessarily. It could also mean "time doing things that I want to do but there might also be other people doing them with me. The main thing is, I do things I want to do, and not things that I have to do or that somebody else wants (me) to do."

Maybe somebody else will also give their opinion here.

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Expression: As a night pass...Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaingParts of SpeechFunctions of GerundFunctions of InfinitiveExpression: "You don't say!"Subjuntive or not?Trust / Believe (in)English prepositions: On or at?Ashamed of or from?Bulit, Locate, SituateThe usage of THOSE OFWhat are the three degrees of comparison? (adjectives: as...as)