unusual; exceptional; unique; particular; highly valued
harmful
funnelled
fundamental
special

suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation

When you happen to do business, | Please help me about this situation.
suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation #1 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 13:24 pm   suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation

suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation and it could be any situation that gets better by passing time. Now the question is: what would you do to make time pass as fast as possible?
my concern is to find the best way to do that!
_________________
...we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper... "Albert Einstein"
Dodgewiper

Location: Iran or persia

suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation #2 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 13:32 pm   suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation

I would just bide my time, obviously, till it gets better, I reckon I would fall to learning something, like English words, to beef up my vocablurary. It never hurts to add a few new words/expressions, you never know when they'll come in handy! I would intermingle it with some (American in my case) accent training, to reduce my accent.
But feel free to do whatever floats your boat. )))))
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation #3 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 22:07 pm   suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation

Hello Dodg,
Well,the best thing to forget,pass any bad or sad situation is to busy yourself with doing anything just like what Tort said,as it'll make the day run fast.
Don't prevent yourself from thinking about it because the more you prevent yourself the more it haunts you ,indeed,it was an advice from my friend when I had the biggest shock in my life and I thought that the best way to forget not to think about it but I found out that it didn't work at all,think about it and try to write down your thoughts about it,reasons,gains and losses,hence you will find out that your gains are much bigger than your losses at least you have learned a new lesson in life which will help you in the future and give you a new experience even if it's painful but you've learned .So busy yourself with doing anything you like and don't prevent yourself from thinking as it would make it harder;and remember such bad situations that happened in the past and how did you feel towards it before and how do you feel towards it now? I can say that I don't pass my day without "bad situations" so am ,with no competitor ,an expertise in these miserable actions.but I look at the positive side of it which is at least I've achieved anything in this life even it is misery but better than nothing :D lol
Cheer up :)
Sarabella

Location: Egypt

suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation #4 (permalink) Tue May 29, 2012 22:10 pm   suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation

Why bother trying to make time pass as fast as possible? Time flies as it is. You might as well enjoy the good and the bad times. Life is short--and mastering a bad situation is what make makes you strong.

Claudia
Cgk

Location: Franconia, Germany, Illinois, USA

suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation #5 (permalink) Wed May 30, 2012 13:26 pm   suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation

Just sleep on it. Everything has its own start and end. Good or bad never mind.
We live and learn, and live and let live. Sweet.

What all I need is a lovely companion with lots of gery matter beside me. Then I could kick the world around.Cute.

kind regards.

Just an IQ40 thought.
Mr. Kyaw Min Lwin

suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation #6 (permalink) Thu May 31, 2012 9:27 am   suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation

Just occupy your time with pleasant things and the bad situation will go away! Only if you have to face it regardless of your will, then the time will be slow and annoying!

Cheers!
JimmyAL

Location: London

suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation #7 (permalink) Sat Jun 02, 2012 14:57 pm   suppose that you are stuck in a bad situation

useful tips, I'll try to put them into experience. I think If we have 4 things then we don't want time to go fast; 1- freedom 2- health 3- safety 4- serenity or mental comfort
_________________
Dodgewiper

Location: Iran or persia

My another Hero, Jose MourinhoEnglish is Gold, so ETN is Gold?Was/Were born vs. Are bornAre You Planning to move to U.S/Canada for higher studies or businessHow to deal with the bullies.Is Cleopatra Egytian?When you happen to think, you are big.May 31: Today Is World No Tobacco DayDo you like talking to foreign people who are learning English?Hello.everyone~I have a question .EurovisionYou are teaching English wrong ways Torsten!Help each other to learn faster