adept; capable; suitably skilled; well qualified; experienced
relevant
competent
obvious
expensive

Meaning of: 'I think that I'm picking at the right...'

When use have been? | Is this is a moot point to you?
Meaning of: 'I think that I'm picking at the right...' #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 04, 2006 18:40 pm   Meaning of: 'I think that I'm picking at the right...'

What does this sentence mean:
I think that I'm picking at the right moment.
Ann

What does it mean? Help #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 04, 2006 18:48 pm   What does it mean? Help

Hi Ann

Are you sure the word "at" is in the sentence?

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of: 'I think that I'm picking at the right...' #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:15 am   Meaning of: 'I think that I'm picking at the right...'

Yes, I'm. It's written in the script, and the guy on the video is saying this. I'am a translator [English-Polish] and I'm translating TV programes. The guy starts to forget about his ex-girlfriend and is talkin about the girl he met. I thing that maybe in this context it means that he accepted the situation that she left him and is starting to have fun. Am I right?

Niece or nephewKeep something in perspective20 seconds flat!Expression: Wit has truth in it:A droplet the size of a BB?'in a rush and swamped'?Expression: Fork and knifeHow should I call a new house without any decorations?What is the difference between 'leave work' and 'leave from work'Further and more!Quote: Imagine if you...Television or The televisionJeans and a T. shirt