state of not being a derivative of anything else
originality
messenger
feasibility
visit

Sentence structure + impersonal construction

Expression: A weird combination | Difference; Application and formal letter
Sentence structure + impersonal construction #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:53 pm   Sentence structure + impersonal construction

Excuse me. I want to know what is the error in the following sentence and what are the rule on that.

1. There have many reasons why Hong Kong people are considering job opportunities on the Mainland.

2. It is no doubt that shortage of clean water is a problem many countries will face in the future

3. By the time the fire was extinguished, there were five fire trucks arrived at the scene.
abc71044

Sentence structure + impersonal construction #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 13:04 pm   Sentence structure + impersonal construction

abc71044 wrote:

See below:

1- There are many reasons
2- There is no doubt
3- Five trucks had arrived/ there had arrived five trucks.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Sentence structure + impersonal construction #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 05, 2006 13:42 pm   Sentence structure + impersonal construction

Thank you Tom.
But can you briefly explain that why should do these change?
abc71044

How should I call a new house without any decorations?What is the difference between 'leave work' and 'leave from work'Further and more!Quote: Imagine if you...Television or The televisionPlant: The queen of nightExpression: As a night pass...Differences between CFR, CPT, DAF and DDP and its menaingParts of SpeechFunctions of GerundFunctions of InfinitiveExpression: "You don't say!"Do a double take