Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

in a place across an ocean
hard
perhaps
overseas
quarterly
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

The meaning of "for"???

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Don't drink and drive | Pain vs. hurt
listening exercises
The meaning of "for"??? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:11 am   The meaning of "for"???

Press a number key on a keypad, for any number of things.

Please help me with the meaning of bold phrase in the above sentence, especially the meaning of 'for'.

Thanks in advance!
Galilom2002
I'm here quite often ;-)

The meaning of "for"??? #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:02 am   The meaning of "for"???

Press a number key on a keypad to do (perform) a variety of functions.

It's a rather vague statement.
Language Coach

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Don't drink and drive | Pain vs. hurt
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test incompl/elem-284, User's Answer 9Which answer is right?look forward to sleeping infinance chargesIt should be "What are you doing here?"meaning of spring'What does NATO stand for' vs 'Where does NATO stand for?'Difference between why and what?What does "up to his ears in" mean?Why do you use what instead of which?'do' = 'go or travel (at a certain speed)''mail for one thousand dollars' vs. 'mail with...'Meaning of "make a go of things"