to record the proceedings of a meeting; to make a memorandum
cushion
enter
minute
check

A droplet the size of a BB?

Is this is a moot point to you? | The World as I See it
A droplet the size of a BB? #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 06, 2006 17:31 pm   A droplet the size of a BB?

Hi, here is another Dan Brown sentence that contains an abbrevation new to me:

"This was no microscopic speck. This was a droplet the size of a BB."

According to Acronymfinder.com the abbreviation BB can have 154 definitions -- basket ball might be one that makes sense here. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

TOEIC short conversations: Two friends meet after a long time and decide to have dinner with their respective spouses

A droplet the size of a BB? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 06, 2006 18:02 pm   A droplet the size of a BB?

Hi Torsten

I assume it's a reference to the ammunition in a "BB gun".
I've never had or even seen a BB gun, but I think it's a type of "air gun".

Here's a picture of BB gun pellets:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39258000/jpg/_39258801_bb_gun_pellets_203.jpg

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
BB -- airgun pellets #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 06, 2006 18:22 pm   BB -- airgun pellets

Hi Amy,

Yes airgun pellets makes even more sense in the given context and it's definitely what Brown had in mind here.
Thanks for providing the photo.

Regards

TOEIC short conversations: A convention participant gets directions from the organizer

Niece or nephewKeep something in perspectiveExpression: Many a time20 seconds flat!Expression: Wit has truth in it:What is the difference between "grey" and "gray"?'in a rush and swamped'?Expression: Fork and knifeWhen use have been?How should I call a new house without any decorations?What is the difference between 'leave work' and 'leave from work'Further and more!Quote: Imagine if you...