to give; to match; to fit; to complement
interest
adorn
tenant
accord

Expression: Wit has truth in it:

20 seconds flat! | Expression: Fork and knife
Expression: Wit has truth in it: #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 06, 2006 22:02 pm   Expression: Wit has truth in it:

Hello everybody

Could you please help me understand the given quote (Reader's Digest: July 1967) by simplifying it? I would be thankful.

" Wit has truth in it:wisecracking is simply calisthenics
with words."

Waiting...

" A quote a day keeps comprehension skills problems
away." :D

Expression: Wit has truth in it: #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 06, 2006 22:34 pm   Expression: Wit has truth in it:

Hi Tom

Humor or jokes have an element of truth. Making funny or humorous remarks is like telling the truth while giving your vocabulary a work-out.

_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Life-and-death scary and rollercoaster scaryDefinition of 'P&L effect'?Niece or nephewKeep something in perspectiveExpression: Many a timeWhat is the difference between "grey" and "gray"?It had been 'she' who...A droplet the size of a BB?'in a rush and swamped'?When use have been?How should I call a new house without any decorations?Jeans and a T. shirtMinor word mistake