location; position; standing; role; function
equality
glove
specialty
place

Keep something in perspective

Expression: Fork and knife | Niece or nephew
Keep something in perspective #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:57 am   Keep something in perspective

"Keeping stress levels under control is another way to delay the signs of ageing...so try as often as you can to keep life's lesser disasters in perspective."

What does "keep something in perspective" mean? Don't worry about it?
All Potted Out

Keep something in perspective #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:01 am   Keep something in perspective

Keep something in perspective means, for example, if a problem is small, then you should also look at it as being small. You shouldn't see it as bigger than it really is. You should see things in their actual comparative importance.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Quotation: Memory is a device...Life-and-death scary and rollercoaster scaryDefinition of 'P&L effect'?Expression: Many a time20 seconds flat!Expression: Wit has truth in it:Meaning of 'can't stand'What is the difference between "grey" and "gray"?It had been 'she' who...A droplet the size of a BB?'in a rush and swamped'?When use have been?Jeans and a T. shirt