statement; proclamation; announcement
level
declaration
sink
check

Definition of 'P&L effect'?

What is the difference between "grey" and "gray"? | It had been 'she' who...
Definition of 'P&L effect'? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:52 am   Definition of 'P&L effect'?

Hi, I've tried to come up with a simple definition of the term P&L effect and to my surprise Google has been very helpful so far. I'm sure you can shed some light on P&L? Here is the context I've come across it:

"Financial intruments used for hedging, as strictly defined in the standard, are exempt from a P&L effect under normal circumstances."

Thanks in advance,

TOEIC short conversations: A customer orders a meal at a fast food counter

Definition of 'P&L effect'? #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:33 pm   Definition of 'P&L effect'?

Hi Torsten

I'm no financial wizard, but for me it seems pretty straightforward: a "P&L effect" is just an effect or influence on the company's Profit and Loss statement.

But maybe somebody else has an idea...

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Are "fad diets" weight-losing diets?Meaning of D.O.AActive/ Passive voiceQuotation: Memory is a device...Life-and-death scary and rollercoaster scaryNiece or nephewHow to use 'Have you' and 'Did you'?Keep something in perspectiveExpression: Many a time20 seconds flat!Expression: Wit has truth in it:Meaning of 'can't stand''in a rush and swamped'?