gradual payment of debt; the reduction of the value of an asset
gross
lock
amortization
basis

Sung vs. sang (sing)

Meaning of "stand for" | Meaning of phrasal verb 'put down'
Sung vs. sang (sing) #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 08, 2006 17:31 pm   Sung vs. sang (sing)

ESL/EFL Test #83 "Past Participle Sentences", question 2

I would have ......... all night if I could but we all had to leave early because Carmen didn't feel good.

(a) sing
(b) sung
(c) sang
(d) singed

ESL/EFL Test #83 "Past Participle Sentences", answer 2

I would have sung all night if I could but we all had to leave early because Carmen didn't feel good.

Correct answer: (b) sung
_________________________

why sung not sing?
richard

Sung vs. sang (sing) #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am   Sung vs. sang (sing)

It's future perfect in the past,that's why I would have sung but not sing (which is an infinive but not the third form of "sing").
Pamela

Location: RF

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Sung vs. sang (sing) #3 (permalink) Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:29 am   Sung vs. sang (sing)

Pamela wrote:

Why not 'sang'? its a past tense too

Thank you
Zellzacks

Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Sung vs. sang (sing) #4 (permalink) Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:45 am   Sung vs. sang (sing)

In this sentence you need the perfect conditional: would+have+ past participle sung.

Aan
_________________

What is a casino?Why do you need to doing that? vs Why do you need to do that?Typo: The word should be "character."What is a typical, carry-on baggage size?Am I correct or not?Meaning of tissuesDifference between "severe" and "strict"Why putting the key information at the beginning is the one fundamental principleCan we say 'at saturday night'?pounded or knocked?expressionsn vs conditionsExample with "call it a day"daresay, not "dare say"