injury; harm
draft
damage
cruise
glossary

Meaning of prescription

Can't be 1970 while its 1980... so why we used what? | Why do we use roar because the girl might cry?
Meaning of prescription #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:39 am   Meaning of prescription

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #13 "Infinitive vs. Gerund", question 3

It was cheaper to take out a prescription for the magazines than to buy them separately each month.

(a) cheaper
(b) prescription
(c) than
(d) separately

ESL/EFL Test #13 "Infinitive vs. Gerund", answer 3

It was cheaper to take out a subscription for the magazines than to buy them separately each month.

Correct entry: subscription
The error was: (b) prescription
_________________________

please tell me know what PRESCRIPTION means in the context, thanks

wander
wander

Meaning of prescription #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 14:21 pm   Meaning of prescription

.
Prescription means nothing in the context: it is wrong. The right answer is subscription, which means a payment for consecutive issues of a newspaper or magazine for a given period of time.

A prescription is written instructions from a physician or dentist to a druggist concerning the form and dosage of a drug.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Possessive pronoun itsIdiom: until the cows come homeMeaning of 'IRS form'Meaning of 'dressing down'?Difference between bandits and thievesDifference in using way and mannerHow to use rise and raise?Meaning of trialingExpression: carried out an exhaustive searchMore easier vs. easierWhy is "must admit to being" gramatically right?Why we didn't use DID instead?Meaning of "had a cow"