to prejudice; to influence opinions
complain
bias
embark
swap

Meaning of trialing

How to use rise and raise? | Why we didn't use DID instead?
Meaning of trialing #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:21 am   Meaning of trialing

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #12 "Latin Words", question 1

According to the latest opinion polls the government is doing very badly and trialing well behind the opposition.

(a) According
(b) opinion polls
(c) badly
(d) trialing

ESL/EFL Test #12 "Latin Words", answer 1

According to the latest opinion polls the government is doing very badly and trailing well behind the opposition.

Correct entry: trailing
The error was: (d) trialing
_________________________

please explan the meaning of trialing

Leschik
Leschik

Meaning of trialing #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:25 am   Meaning of trialing

Although the word "trial" is usually only used as a noun or an adjective, if you see the word "trialing", it would mean "the act of testing / conducting tests". It would probably be connected with testing done by a company on a new product.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'IRS form'Meaning of 'dressing down'?Difference between bandits and thievesDifference in using way and mannerExpression: carried out an exhaustive searchMeaning of prescriptionWhy do we use roar because the girl might cry?Why is "must admit to being" gramatically right?Can't be 1970 while its 1980... so why we used what?Meaning of "had a cow"Meaning of "ago"I am confused with BUT and ORThe word "people"