wage; salary; compensation; bonus; punishment
private
shop
file
payment

How to use rise and raise?

Why is "must admit to being" gramatically right? | Meaning of trialing
How to use rise and raise? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:50 am   How to use rise and raise?

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #12 "Latin Words", question 4

The scheme was to try and rise the morale of the workers and make them feel more cheerful.

(a) scheme
(b) rise
(c) morale
(d) cheerful

ESL/EFL Test #12 "Latin Words", answer 4

The scheme was to try and raise the morale of the workers and make them feel more cheerful.

Correct entry: raise
The error was: (b) rise

You have not found the error.
_________________________

Please explan how to use rise and raise?

Lola
Lola

How to use rise and raise? #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:12 am   How to use rise and raise?

Here is a previous explanation: Difference between raise and rise

http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic5599.html

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'IRS form'Meaning of 'dressing down'?Difference between bandits and thievesExpression: carried out an exhaustive searchMeaning of prescriptionWhy do we use roar because the girl might cry?Why we didn't use DID instead?Can't be 1970 while its 1980... so why we used what?Meaning of "had a cow"Meaning of "ago"I am confused with BUT and ORThe word "people"Worth considering and worth of consideration