to write one's name by hand; to sign one's name
nurse
watch
autograph
found

Meaning of "all day long"

Laura's ex-husband is a dead beat dad... | Differences: advantages, reasons, profits, effects
Meaning of "all day long" #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:40 am   Meaning of "all day long"

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Gerunds and Prepositions", question 5

I'm absolutely sure that that's the man whom has been following me around all day long.

(a) absolutely
(b) that's
(c) whom
(d) all day long

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Gerunds and Prepositions", answer 5

I'm absolutely sure that that's the man who has been following me around all day long.

Correct entry: who
The error was: (c) whom
_________________________

what does all day long mean?

Lola
Lola

Meaning of "all day long" #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 14:22 pm   Meaning of "all day long"

.
All day long = all day; the entire day
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "all day long" #3 (permalink) Sun Mar 14, 2010 22:34 pm   Meaning of "all day long"

thats right
Sumie

Location: Reading, UK

Meaning of "all day long" #4 (permalink) Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:39 am   Meaning of "all day long"

Good day Sirs or Madams,
Could you please tell me if this structure from the question above is correct "that that's the man"? Aren't there two much thats?
Thank you in advance!
Gatherer

Location: Russia

Meaning of "all day long" #5 (permalink) Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:18 am   Meaning of "all day long"

It is not a very well constructed sentence but when it is spoken, it sounds better because the first 'that' is unstressed and the second 'that's' is stressed.

It would better to omit the first 'that'.
_________________

Why is this wrong?Order vs. ordersANDuse of 'on' in participal phrasefrom the ground upTest incompl/elem-293, Question 3come across shadyWhat is the meaning of expression 'hitch in your giddyup'?Conditional II questionMeaning of the word defiantpassed vs. pastDifference between the words 'reason' and 'cause'"accommodate my plans" vs. fit my plans