to bore a hole; to practice; to train; to sow seeds in rows
second
allay
appoint
drill

Difference in using way and manner

Meaning of 'IRS form' | More easier vs. easier
Difference in using way and manner #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:58 am   Difference in using way and manner

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Gerunds and Prepositions", question 6

You can easily tell that the parents paid a lot of attention to those children because they have excellent ways.

(a) easily
(b) paid
(c) those
(d) ways

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Gerunds and Prepositions", answer 6

You can easily tell that the parents paid a lot of attention to those children because they have excellent manners.

Correct entry: manners
The error was: (d) ways

You have not found the error.
You can easily tell that the parents paid a lot of attention to their children because they have excellent ways.
_________________________

what different in using way and manner

Garmasch
Garmasch

Difference in using way and manner #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 14:29 pm   Difference in using way and manner

For me way and manner in one and the same sense are quite interchangeable,but here they have excellent manners means that children are cultured,well-bred
Pamela

Location: RF

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of toothpickMeaning of meltExplanation: of the cutting edge technology we usedWhy we not use "on yesterday"?Why we use 'on' because I thing 'in' is also rightMeaning of custodianPossessive pronoun itsMeaning of shaggyIdiom: until the cows come homeMeaning of 'dressing down'?Difference between bandits and thievesMeaning of trialingExpression: carried out an exhaustive search