Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to bore a hole; to practice; to train; to sow seeds in rows
second
allay
appoint
drill
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Difference in using way and manner

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Meaning of 'IRS form' | More easier vs. easier
listening exercises
Difference in using way and manner #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:58 am   Difference in using way and manner

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Gerunds and Prepositions", question 6

You can easily tell that the parents paid a lot of attention to those children because they have excellent ways.

(a) easily
(b) paid
(c) those
(d) ways

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "Gerunds and Prepositions", answer 6

You can easily tell that the parents paid a lot of attention to those children because they have excellent manners.

Correct entry: manners
The error was: (d) ways

You have not found the error.
You can easily tell that the parents paid a lot of attention to their children because they have excellent ways.

what different in using way and manner

Garmasch
Garmasch

Difference in using way and manner #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 14:29 pm   Difference in using way and manner

For me way and manner in one and the same sense are quite interchangeable,but here they have excellent manners means that children are cultured,well-bred
Pamela
I'm a Communicator ;-)

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'IRS form' | More easier vs. easier
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Meaning of toothpickMeaning of meltExplanation: of the cutting edge technology we usedWhy we not use "on yesterday"?Why we use 'on' because I thing 'in' is also rightMeaning of custodianPossessive pronoun itsMeaning of shaggyIdiom: until the cows come homeMeaning of 'dressing down'?Difference between bandits and thievesMeaning of trialingExpression: carried out an exhaustive search