but; in spite of; despite
yet
until
however
immediately

Difference between bandits and thieves

Why do we use roar because the girl might cry? | Expression: carried out an exhaustive search
Difference between bandits and thieves #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 15:24 pm   Difference between bandits and thieves

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #113 "Synonyms for robber and burglar", question 2

I am a little afraid to go on a honeymoon holiday in this mountain because the area is notorious for the ......... who attack and rob people.

(a) robbers
(b) bandits
(c) felons
(d) thieves

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #113 "Synonyms for robber and burglar", answer 2

I am a little afraid to go on a honeymoon holiday in this mountain because the area is notorious for the bandits who attack and rob people.

Correct answer: (b) bandits

I am a little afraid to go on a honeymoon holiday in this mountain because the area is notorious for the thieves who attack and rob people.
_________________________

What is the difference between bandits and thieves?

Jeff
Jeff

Difference between bandits and thieves #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 11, 2006 16:04 pm   Difference between bandits and thieves

Hi Jeff

Here is a link that should help:
http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic6111.html

_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Why we not use "on yesterday"?Why we use 'on' because I thing 'in' is also rightPossessive pronoun itsIdiom: until the cows come homeMeaning of 'IRS form'Meaning of 'dressing down'?Difference in using way and mannerHow to use rise and raise?Meaning of trialingMeaning of prescriptionMore easier vs. easierWhy is "must admit to being" gramatically right?Why we didn't use DID instead?