to converse; to speak; to spread rumors; to lecture; to reveal secret information
voyage
talk
staff
mortgage

What does "be of a like mind" mean here?

Meaning of "let's shake on that" | How to pronounce 'one'?
What does "be of a like mind" mean here? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 15:06 pm   What does "be of a like mind" mean here?

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #137 "Ways of agreeing", question 2

I'm of a ......... mind on that, too.

(a) same
(b) identical
(c) parallel
(d) like

ESL/EFL Test #137 "Ways of agreeing", answer 2

I'm of a like mind on that, too.

Correct answer: (d) like

I'm of a same mind on that, too.
_________________________

what does "like" mean here?

Lola
Lola

What does "be of a like mind" mean here? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 12, 2006 19:15 pm   What does "be of a like mind" mean here?

Hi Lola

The word "like" basically means "same" in the sentence, but you shouldn't just look at the word "like". You should understand/learn the idiom "(be) of a like mind" as a whole.

The meaning is "(have) the same opinion, taste, or way of thinking".

_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does "be of a like mind" mean here? #3 (permalink) Fri Jun 07, 2013 19:26 pm   What does "be of a like mind" mean here?

www.diki.pl, the dictionary indicates: to be of like mind, without ..a'' before ,,like'', what version is correct?

What does "be of a like mind" mean here? #4 (permalink) Fri Jun 07, 2013 20:14 pm   What does "be of a like mind" mean here?

Both are possible depending on exact context.
_________________

What does "be of a like mind" mean here? #5 (permalink) Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:59 pm   What does "be of a like mind" mean here?

Hi, please give examples for ..a like'' and ,,like'' in the sentences.
thanks.

to travel light -- to travel without much luggagehow he would stick it outhis cows broke into the grain binCan you hold a moment?I couldn't care less.a litter of puppiesMeaning of "you can count on me"When to use annouce in stead of said?difference between leave and departclosing vs. stopping a meetingWhat does "likewise" mean?What is the difference between good, fine, well and OK?Meaning of "we mustn't leave it so long next time"